HybridZ

the Z31 ECCS

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

is the Z31 ECCS a metered air type system like the AFM on the 83 and below cars? does the air need to be recirculated if you get a blow off valve using a Z31 eccs?

I don't like when I can't hear my car ping. (I can't hear anything over my turbo anyway) Mine is loud enough with just my turbo. I must be getting old. :D

It is fun to have WG dump on other ppl while you are racing though :twisted:

I want to see some sick pass with the To4E 8) Track time!

Guest bastaad525

I love the sound of open BOV but my car runs like crap if I leave it open. I made my own routing using a radiator hose from some chevy that just happened to be the right diameter and was bent exactly how I needed it... worked out so pefectly it looks factory. Part of me is happy to not have it vented so that people dont know what hit them when I walk away from them at a light... though the loud jet-like whoooooooooooosh is probably an indicator to the 'educated ear' :twisted:

I have to have it :twisted:

hks opens and closes super fast, push type vs pull type diaphram i think.

I would have kept my bosch valve if i hadnt gotten the hks for a great deal, nothing wrong with it, I could hear mine pretty good, had 1" recirc hose. Been driving for 8 months with the hks ssqv, now with z31 and s130t efi, same thing as far as hks ssqv is concerned. It does now sound louder though, dont know if its the 6" hks air filter i installed or the maf, but now it is LOUD.

Turbo goes on early January, Im out of Re$ource$ right now for hp.

fuel mods go down soon after i run turbo at same boost levels for a little while to get the bugs out of it. Then we run max boost straight downpipe open wg dump with drag radials.

Will it be the maf or the afm that does it....