HybridZ

Street Z Progress...

Mikelly

Well last night I finished triming the rough sheet steal out of where the radiator support used to be, and removed the fuel filter bracket on the fenderwell. I also prepped the interior floor pans and rails for paint, and tonight I primed them. I'll probably do the rubberized bedliner stuff on them.

On the new fuel cell install I went ahead and cut the frame support material. I plan to weld them in tomorrow night.

On the Vette front, I test drove a 97 today. I think I'll get one with the LS1 in it... The Lt1 didn't seem as resonsive as the LS1 equiped Vette's I've driven.

Mike :D

Nah... THis way I can keep you guessing..

However, I'm seriously thinking of ditching one of them, gutting it and selling off the excess parts... I don't know if I'm gonna be able to leave a Corvette sitting outside under a cover in the driveway...

Mike :roll:

what ever u do dont get a 97 or 98 LS1 Vette.. ALOT of problems, and no where near as fast as a 99+.

best of luck.

if you do sell on which you shouldnt let me no on some parts :)

mike

Last night I finished welding up the framework for the new cell, and started applying the Hercules Bed liner in the floorboards, rockers, trans tunnel and firewall. Tonight I finished up that whole process... turned out real nice... Should provide some serious noise/ sound deadener!

Next... I'll start focusing on the underside of the chassis and what color I plan to paint the underside. Decisions decisions... I've also got to finish welding up the strut house brace brackets...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

...And of course, Pete Paraska's phone call from the track and the news of his latest adventures and success entering the 12s had me out in the garage late this afternoon... Spot welded the few seems around the fresh air ducts in the fenderwells of the engine bay, as they had come loose in removing the radiator core support... And then I fab'ed up and welded in the lower radiator support, with the proper angle forward at the top and kicked in towards the steering rack at the bottom... Should aid in air flow through the radiator...

Pete got into the 12s boys! On a wheezing 327! :D

Congrats Pete! :lol:

Mike

Hey Mike do you have any pics of what you're doing where the core support used to be. New frame rails are going in mine shortly and the core support is coming out. I was going to tie the frame rails together where the core support was and use that as the bottom radiator mount. I have a bolt in piece that goes across at the top of the radiator. It's already been in a Z car and looked very nice. Just curious what you're doing vs. what I'm planning.

On Edit: Congratulations Pete, see what happens when you don't run bricks for tires. :D

Pics are at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/dat74z

scroll to the end and you'll see them... I'm gonna weld on two brackets for the upper mounts to run threadall to the upper support. The frame rails and the base of the mount where the radiator will sit will have rubber pads to difuse any mteal on metal vibrations.

Mike

Underbrace.jpg

what wheel is that in the background? very nice looken..

on one of your sons cars?

also man o man i want some adjustable rear control arms to go with my sweet fronts you sold me :)

mike

Those are on my son's civic... they are 17 inch something or others that look really nice... Polished lip and painted silver...

No more control arms for me dude... I'm done with that mess... I'm Corvette bound... Pick up my 04 wheels this weekend... Just need the car to go with them!

Mike

Oh trust me, I will... These are original OEM five spoke wheels, not the knockoffs! Guy sold them to me for $575 new in the box... One has a scratch on it. Already pricing LS6 intakes and cam kits for it too! I'm hooked, BIG TIME!

Mike :D

damn.. they are fun cars man..

just driving my dads Z06 around made me sport wood like mad... ripping the 295's out back shifting into 3rd with traction control on :)

eheheh

mike