HybridZ

supra motor brackets

Guest 72datsun240z

Guest 72datsun240z

i don't really know what is the motor exactly called but it is from 92-97 twin turbo supra engine and i would like to know if anyone makes brackets for the engine mounts .

I'm am going to do this swap next year and would also be interested in motor and tranny mounts. I know two other members are currently doing this swap. Chime in if you already did the swap, are in the process of doing it, or will do it. I would like to know how many of us are going the 2JZ way. :twisted::2thumbs:

Marcos

well its hard to find a 2JZ motor for a good price.. ppl buy them up fast and they go for alot of money.

prob would be about the same price to do a 2JZ swap as a RB26 swap.

im not sure what tranny ppl are gonna use with a 2JZ swap though..

mike

My 2JZ-GTE is on it's way from Minnesota and should be here in a few weeks. I haven't decided how I am going to do my mounts yet ... should I just do a one off deal and weld them to the crossmember, or should I have some sort of bolt in deal. I guess it will all come down to cost (as with anything else). I am going to be using the 2JZGE 5-speed for now as I understand the 6-speed Getrag is very large and would be much more difficult to fit in the transmission tunnel. I will also be running a T-66 single turbo and SDS engine management, as I have them left over from my L28 turbo set-up. I will keep you all posted and document my progress once it begins (after the Christmas holidays). I hope to have it ready for SEZS 4!

Hi guyz... are these engines that differnt? >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443420143&category=33615 << I mean, would it be a mistake to try and make this fit/work into my early 260, which already has a ton of money spent on the stroker build up.

I could do like zgad did and sell off my turbo header and all the other Z motor goodies to help offset the cost, but would this motor be a better platform to build upon to reach bigger hp #'s.

I already have a Tec2, so the ecu is not important.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I thought it was inline with the subject :oops:

Thanks for any advice from experince...

joel

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
Hi guyz... are these engines that differnt?

The Supra engine looks like a DOHC with cross-flow heads. Much better setup than a L28. I think the consensus is also that the Supra engines can handle much more HP too.

1JZ is a 2.5 rated at 280 hp. They are popular swaps with the mkIII guys. If I were going to do it I would do the 2JZ, It's all about hp or you wouldn't want it :D .

Hi guyz... are these engines that differnt? >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443420143&category=33615 << I mean' date=' would it be a mistake to try and make this fit/work into my early 260, which already has a ton of money spent on the stroker build up.

I could do like zgad did and sell off my turbo header and all the other Z motor goodies to help offset the cost, but would this motor be a better platform to build upon to reach bigger hp #'s.

I already have a Tec2, so the ecu is not important.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I thought it was inline with the subject :oops:

Thanks for any advice from experince...

joel[/quote']