HybridZ

why i cant stand kids that arent mine

David K

I really dont like kids, except for my son, PERIOD. A child at my lady's mothers house couldnt fit in between our cars in the driveway, so he decided to go around the other side of my car while riding his scooter. The scooter doesnt have padding on the handlebars. Yup you guessed it, a down to the metal scratch starting from the rear side marker light, to the front headlight cover. Best part about it, is that its my lady's cousin, and he is semi retarded. Thats why her MOTHER wont take responsibilty for what the child did to my car (live in grandson). The way a daughter and her mother stick together when ONE OF THEM IS WRONG, is VERY sickening.

I cant wait to move away from the CRAP areas of SoCal, and move somewhere that the parents monitor what their kids do. I live in a nice area, but go down the street, and its Little ______ (add your choice).

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I love it when parents dont think their children can be held responsible for what they did, but then they dont understand that they are then responsible.

Reminds me of this lady I talked to before when she was calling in to dispute a bill because her kid stole her credit cards and used them to make a few thousand dollars in purchases. She said he is not responsible because he is a minor, but then said that she isnt responsible because she isnt the one that did it. :twak:

I think it is the parents that I hate. They are the ones that make the kids what they are. You probably like your son because you are a good parent and thus have created a good son.

Too bad for the scratch, that sounds like one helluva scratch. What color paint do you have? Will you be able to fix it with touch-up?

Guest 240hybrid

Yeah, sometimes you just want to slap a brat kid in the back of the head....I know a bit extreme but its true. The kid should at least get a punishment for their actions even if their not reponsible enough for their own actions. Parents need to step up and act like real parents, and dicsipline their kids after doing something wrong, otherwise their being irresponsible with their parental duties.

Well on the bright side of things, maybe it's time to go get a 3" paint roller and paint a racing strip down the side of the car Dave. :lol: You know as a Christmas gift to yourself....jk.

Chase

AAARRGGGGHHH! This is a BIG pet peeve of mine (Yes, you've discovered yet ANOTHER one.) It's real simple. If the perpetrator is under 18, it is the parent's fault, and they must pay. If the offender is over 18, it's their own damned fault. If the parent refuses to be responsible for the actions of their children, the children should be taken away and put into a responsible home environment so they can develop into mature and responsible citizens. Seeing their parents get away with blaming others for everything is hardly healthy.

Such a nation of victims we're becoming. It sickens me.

In almost ALL cases it's the parents fault. Period. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to smack some rowdy, out of control, or disrespectful kid. I have to calm down and remind myself that it's the parents who are responsible for teaching, monitoring and diciplining their kids. If the kids aren't taught right/wrong and respect by their parents, they'll never know the difference.

I have three kids and I'm tough on them. I demand that they show respect to others and behave themselves wherever we go. I've been accused of being too hard on my kids, but I've had twice as many people compliment my wife, myself and our kids on how well behaved and nice they are.

Now, most of the time I want to smack the parents. I've got in-laws that should be beaten for their kid's behavior.

Parents need to step up and act like real parents, and dicsipline their kids after doing something wrong...

Yeah, we would all LOVE to see that, seriously. But with todays society, I highly doubt it. Most of the time parents are just lazy, but even the parents that do want to discipline thier kids stop themselves from doing so, because now days if you flick your kids ear or slap the back of thier head for doing something wrong, you have to watch YOUR back to make sure nobody see's you do it, otherwise some "Sammy Safety" will be calling Social Services on you and you might lose your kid(s).

Also, gone are the days of teachers stepping up and yelling at a kid in school, because of the fear of being sued or losing thier job.

You know, when I was a kid my Dad would beat the crap out of me if I did something wrong and I can tell ya, I never did whatever it was again.

This next generation of kids will have no respect for anyone and will think they can get away with anything, it's pretty sad.

I applaud the parents that discipline thier kids the correct way.

!M!

My wife is a high school teacher and has been on the verge of a lawsuit with a parent all semester. We get to see more than our share of bad kids.

One problem we see, is that too many parents simply have kids as a social tool. They want to be seen with the kids in town, they want to be seen at the ball field. They want to be able to go to thier parties and talk about how hard they work because Billy is playing this sport and that sport, and Sue has this sport and that activity.

Another problem is that parents are listening to the wrong advice. All this crap about being your child's friend so that they will respect you is just that CRAP.

I have other theories about the problems, but I will not express them here.

You all would not believe some of the things some of these IDIOT parents demand out of the schools. Most of the people in this country (myself included) would not put up with what we put the public school teachers through. Thier hands have been so tied up by the legislatures and courts that they cannot effectively teach the subjects as they are supposed to be taught. That is the reason the schools are going downhill.

I had more, but I deleted because I did not want to make anyone mad.

I had more, but I deleted because I did not want to make anyone mad.

I get pretty hot about this subject myself and I pretty much agree with your point of view. The outlook for our society in this respect is pretty bleak. I have a brother-in-law that is a junior high teacher. His stories about bad kids and worse parents are unbelievable. Teachers are constantly between a rock and a hard place. I can't understand why anyone would want to be a teacher in this day in age. It's pretty sad...

Guest Chris240turbo

As a father of three, 9 year old Son, 5 year old Daughter, and a newborn Daughter, I will say that children will do whatever they think they can get away with, and feel that it is their job to "push the boundaries" I cannot get over how much children today are babied, mine included, when I was growing up, if you messed up, you paid the price, and I try to teach my children to take responsibility for their actions, but it's not easy in todays society, where everything is "someone elses fault".

I also agree with the comment that too many parents use children as a social tool, I see this often, as in people being "parents" when it's convenient, or when they "feel like it" the big losers these days are the children, they only know what they are taught, we are just teaching them the wrong things...

Guest plainswolf

I"m a father of three, a daughter 13, a son 9 and a son 8... and I agree that societal norms concerning children of today are sadly lacking in many areas..

My father was a schoolteacher for 15 years and couldn't imagine being one today for fear of even doing or saying the slightest thing wrong and getting sued. It's rather sickening the way they constrain teachers nowadays and then they dare wonder why some of these kids act like hooligans and can barely read in 6th grade? Gee, wonder why...

I'm like you guys, back when I was in school if my folks found out I screwed up like that or disrespected a teacher in school, I would have had HELL to pay at home as well!

If I found out one of my kids scratched a car like that then I would have felt responsible and would've made reparations myself.. That's a matter of my own honor and conscience as a father... Then my kid would have been in DEEP trouble with me and would also have to make it up to the person, and to me somehow as well.

Man... That sucks about your paint!

Most of the things you guys have brought up is why my wife and I decided to home-school our kids. I've got 2, one 17 the other 14. The 17 year old spent 1 year in public school, the 14 year old none.

Before you bring up the question about socialization, I'll answer it for you. Are you happy with what your kids have learned from the others in school??? All about being a disrespectful monster. Yeah the teachers can't discipline the kids and the kids know it so they are that much worse and the younger ones learn all about it from the older ones. It's not just the schools fault though, parents who don't discipline are even more to blame, and by the way, you can discipline you kids, just don't be stupid and abusive about it. Our kids have been socialized, we belong to a local support group that does things like field-trips and skate days which give the kids a chance to spend time together. They also have to learn how to interact with many different age groups which doesn't happen in the public schools. The public schools aren't totally bad but they are bad.

I guess you can tell this a is a hot button subject for me. I detest the smart-mouthed disrespectful animals that most of the young kids are today, especially the ones who have drivers licenses and think they own the road.

Well I better stop before I say something really bad. Good luck to the people who are teachers or have a spouse who's a teacher, you have my simpathy.

Ken W.

Guest plainswolf
I guess you can tell this a is a hot button subject for me. I detest the smart-mouthed disrespectful animals that most of the young kids are today, especially the ones who have drivers licenses and think they own the road.

I AGREE!! And sounds wonderful that they're being homeschooled, I'm all for it.. It's actually superior in many ways if done well. Most of the greatest thinkers in history were home schooled as well..

I'm sure far from a perfect parent but I feel I do good.. Kids are certainly more than a fulltime job that's for sure and thankfully so far mine have been pretty good.

Guest BigWhyteDude

speaking of teachers having their hands tied, when i was a freshman in high school one of my teachers was involved in an incident in his class room. A young boy was being disruptive in an angery abusive way, and he asked the kid to step out side so he could talk him. He started talking to the kid and all of a sudden the kid hauled off and hit my teacher square in the chest. The teacher was about my size as i am now 6'4 about 300 pounds. He hit the kid once and K.O.ed the kid right there in the hallway. The teacher was fired a month or so later folowing a review of what happened. That was the biggest load of crap i had ever seen. He defended himself by striking a student yes, but it was in DEFENCE! and he was fired for it!

Well he got the last laugh about this any way, he ended up running for a possition on the school board that year and won the seat. As far as i know he is still there today.

Andrew