HybridZ

MegaSquirt'nSpark cranking problem solved

mobythevan

I was having a problem with my cranking timing being off by 20 degrees. The fix for the problem was to uncheck the invert box in trigger and cranking settings. I fixed the instructions in the install guide to reflect this. Now my timing is working correctly. I haven't got any further in the tuning because I wanted to solve this problem first. I have to mount my TPS and IAT sensor and then I can start the real tuning. So I still haven't run my engine over 1200 rpm with MSS, but everything seems to be working great.

BTW, if you guys want any particular info added to the install guide or anything changed around just let me know.

Bryan

aka mobythevan

thats awesome! just can't wait to get mine. it's ordered but waiting is killer especially with the progress you're making here. did you use the stock 83 trigger wheel? (just remember some mention of it in an earlier post) good luck with the rest of it and looking forward to hearing more updates.

Guest szlash280z

man, I want the MSS too! do you have any pics of your install moby? Thats cool that you can use the turbo dizzy with the MS because mine is a brand new unit! is there some kind of back order for the MS or something? how long ago did you order it, mike240zt?

is anyone working on deciphering an adaptation to the CAS that is block mounted? It's my understanding they have a similar pulse as the CAS in the Dizzy, just done with hall effects, then conditioned and shaped to square-wave signals in the unit itself. Maybe I will take that spare O-Scope JeffP was talking about and see what that thing puts out...

Anyone? Anyone? :?

Moby,

Thanks for the nice writeup on MSS.

I've stored my Z for the winter, but this gives me the next 4 or so months to collect the parts (or parts car) for a turbo conversion.

I was looking into a retard box (MSD boost master), but then I realized that since I already am running the MS, why not just go to the squirt n spark...

Did you start your tuning with a stock ignition curve?

-Sims

A couple weeks ago turbo240z (I think thats right) put up a couple basic timing maps for the L28 engine. I just based mine of that to get started. I did take a look at the stock curve before removing the stock ECU, so I'll try to get close to that as I go further along.