HybridZ

summit discount code #

grumpyvette

Man when I went to tech school I saw some of the stuff people built for themselves. Most of them wouldn't even start when they got them back into their cars. When they did start they ran like crap most of the time. I have said it once I'll say it again. Some folks do not have the know how to build an engine the way it should be built. So therefore people like that like ME will always have to pay someone to do it for us. Yes it may not be as cheap as a do it yourselfer but then again it will come with some type of warranty. On another thought, I wouldn't hire an engine builder to build me a deck on the back of my house nor would I try it myself and waste more money than I would have if I just paid someone to do it.

Having said that, I am pretty damn sure that there are some folks on this site that can handle building an engine for themselves and my hat's off to them. But then there are some of us that get tired of seeing "Save money and build it yourself" in almost every post like this one. By the way I mean no offense to anyone, just keep doing what your doing and have fun at it. :D

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

There is a difference between paying someone else to build for you and paying way too much for someone to build for you. I have seen a number of similar crate setups for much less. And the warranty on that engine leaves much to be desired.

Anyways, I figure why not try building it for yourself. If you can do it for half the price, that means that you could afford to blow the first one up! :twisted:

I will never pay someone again, that said If you do not have the know how and lack the tools or space then buy one built. Just do your homework and ask around, get references. Do not just buy the first thing to come down the pipe.

I know because I speak from experience..Do not make the same mistake like I did 3 years ago. I built my 383 sbc and it is not hard, pay attention to the details and do not get in a hurry.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...