HybridZ

Anyone make a top-mount turbo manifold fore the l28 ?

Guest brianglawson

Guest brianglawson

As the subject says does anyone make a top mount turbo manifold for the l28 turbo motor? i am thining of doing a swap into my z, at least until i can afford my RB26DETT so if i do put an l28 in i want it to be a nice one.

Anyone have any ideas, also any other recommendations(sp?) on other things for the motor?

Thanks Much

~Brian~

I do not think the top mount manifold will work on the L28. THe intake would tend to get in the way. Topmounts are for crossflow heads, not our sideflow heads. there was a guy that had twin turbos on his L28. I think he was running twin T28's from nissan silvias. Infact, he posts here under 240Ztwinturbo or somethhing to that effect.

McAdam

WOW! those are very nice! I like the stainless steel! and you shoull dnever have to worry about it rusting out! lol. the TwinTurbo eblem on the intake manifold is a VERY nice touch!

excuse my ignorance, but are cars in sweden Left hand drive or right hand drive? I would think left hand drive, with all the Volvos and Saabs, but the turbo placement looks as though it may interfere with the steering linkage on a LHD car.

McAdam

Our cars are LHD.

I have the rack and pinion steering on my car (from a -83 ZX), so there´s no problem with interferance.

Don´t think it would work with the recurculating ball system (if that´s what it´s called).

I have done a lot of other mods on my car too, are working on putting some pics and specs together soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...