HybridZ

Post pics of your interior... interior setups and ideas...

Guest ON3GO

there are a few more in my gallery including the CF one we attempted. I can see about making a CF one again out of our mould but it will run at least $1200 to make and will have sections that are blacked out where you cant see the carbon.

We will have some more photos shortly as we are fixing a few imperfections in our mould and will be shipping these very popular items in the next couple of weeks.

I suggest that you contact Mark at PDK and let them know that you want one as they will be a limited run.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the center part is shaped like an A as you can see in that one pic..

the 280Z one is like a box in the middle.

im sure theres other differences but thats the main one...

mike

wow 1200 bucks.... i guess thats the price to pay when you have taste like mine :D.

Ron.. what parts would be blacked out?

thanks for taking the time and helping me out...

mike

what kind of paint did you paint the dash with?

does the dash come painted black already or no?

mike

Mine was white when it arrived - I had my bodyshop tidy it up (it was VERY rough) and spray it satin black, along with my zg flares and euro-style bumpers.

I'll also post some other pictures of my gauge and switchpanel layout when I get a chance.

I have 2 ideas I'm doing/diid:

1-- I hinged the deck between the rear shock towers. I think it was where the original hinge was. That way I can lift up the deck behind the seats and store stuff (tools, air compressor, jumper cables, etc.) in the wells that are under there. I also cut a rounded shap ( on my 280Z) to fit the full-size spare tire. You might not need that on a 240.

2-- If you are going to replace the door panels, cut off the top section, maybe 2-4 inches down, where the fuzzies are and attach the new panel to that. It will make the door panel hang right, the glass won't bang on metal, and you got a nice place to rest with your elbow out the window.

Only thing is that you need to fasten the panel to the door with some kind of fasteners. Let me know if you find anything that works in place of the stock clips.

zcar.com car of the month has a pretty cool interior I thought. Looks a little too resto muscle car hot rodding magazine for me but its nice.

Never been too much of an interior man, more of a wheels and power guy. Favorite interior for me has to be a factory silver 240z with the red vinyl interior, ive seen it twice in my life, thats some old school jdm action.

main difference is 240 vs. 280 dash and console setup is at the bottom of it, on a 240z the lower part is still part of the dash board, on a 280z the lower part of the dash is actually part of the center console, where the radio is.

One thing i was thinking about doing was getting one of those 4 in 1

tach/oil/water/fuel 5" guages from autotechnic or somebody like that, run the boost guage on top of the steering column, then use the 3 pods left for egt, boost and a/f

just a thought.

Tomohawk, im interested in seeing photos of how you hinged the back of your z, kinda like a crx i can imagine? I like that, everything not being in plain sight and all that.

Demon, Amir purchased one of our prototype dashs and there are a few details that I would like to clear up:

1) We told Amir that it was not ready for prime time and that it was rough.

2) It is white. The reason it is white was to find the imperfections, correct them and remake our mould off of the corrected piece. Our standard run will be black, some colors are available if you are interested.

3) Amir had to have this dash and he had to have it right away. He was not willing to wait for the first finished run. We have been delayed in our production because we sold him one of our protype dashes.

That aside, I cant wait to see his dash installed in his car, I am sure it will look great!! Amir be sure to forward pictures as soon as you have it installed!!

Yea, what Ron said! I had a limited amount of time given my bodyshop situation, but was warned ahead of time. Having said that, any competent bodyshop would have been able to perform the same work and it now looks superb. I didn't mean to come off as degrading in my previous post if that is what prompted this one!

I'll have some pics for you guys this evening, hopefully with most of my gauges installed!

Tomohawk' date=' im interested in seeing photos of how you hinged the back of your z, kinda like a crx i can imagine? [/quote']

I don't know how a CRX looks, but here's a pic of the deck brackets I mounted the hinges to. The brackets were just reversed, then mark the holes for hinges to bolt to. I used gate hinges. You can see the storage wells at the front. Didn't have time to get any other pics. I think you can take it from there.

I used the carpet that was in there, just cut the carpet even with the front ot the deck, then used nuts & bolts to bolt the chrome lip to the deck, and some rubber bumpers underneath. Because the metal showed, I painted the exposed metal (red).

album_pic.php?pic_id=2576

Don't you love the way somebody painted the original brown vinyl? I bet they just masked off the windows, gauges & chrome, then painted everything exposed! yeeeesh!! :roll:

ok this is getting werid..

we have the same wheels.

same gauges.

same flares

same dash as soon as i buy mine lol.

and same idea for the front air dam for that black stripe...

plan werid..

But on side note

WOW nice car man and nice dash!

looks awesome

mike

ok this is getting werid..

we have the same wheels.

same gauges.

same flares

same dash as soon as i buy mine lol.

and same idea for the front air dam for that black stripe...

plan werid..

But on side note

WOW nice car man and nice dash!

looks awesome

mike

Apart from the engine, turbo, transmission, ecu, suspension, brakes, fuel cell, rollcage, and paint...I guess our cars are pretty similar ;)

are suspension and brakes are pretty close..

yours i think is abit stiffer.

i need a roll cage soon... but thats later down the road.

no need for a fuel cell yet.

but hey we both have standalone right :)

nice car man, keep us all posted when its done!

mike

I need to post a pick of my Tomahawk dash cap. It's not in the car yet. I have to install a windshield first. But there are other differences between the 280 and 240 dashes besides the connection at the console. This is how I discovered that the Tomahawk cap was made to fit a 280 dash.

The gauges are in the same place in relation to each other. But the shape of the top of the dash is different. I had to cut away all the vinyl and foam above the gauges. Also the 240 dash is about 3/4" wider overall. The HVAC vents near the doors are lower on a 280. And for some dumb reason Nissan moved the glove box button from the dash on the 240's to the door on the 280's. I'm in the process of modifing my glove box door because the Tomahawk cap covers the button. What a pain. I bought a 280 glove box door but it wont fit, another difference. So I'm removing the hardware and fitting it to my 240 door. I was either that or drill a hole in the Tomahawk cap to stick your finger through. That just wouldn't look right. What's that word I like... hokey?