HybridZ

Anyone remember the Shelby Omni GLH-S?

auxilary

Hopefully the finished product is a little nicer. Nutty project there, but hey, its probably going to be very fast. I love those cars, one of those cars with that "good" ugly look to them. My buddy had one in the 80s that was running low 13s, back then that was rare of FWD.

I had a garden variety GLH turbo. I test drove an -S though. It idled rough and didn't seem to have anymore poop than my car.

That little bugger was quick. I raced some pretty exotic iron and did well.

In 1985 BMW had to change their ad campaign due to that car. They claimed to have the fastest accelerating four door sedan sold in America. Oops, got beat by a Dodge.

It was fun to drive but not very reliable.

I'm building an omni right now actually. Using a t-3 turbo motor from a spirit r/t. We're building it a little more hardcore than we did for the spirit, and the spirit put down right at 400hp to the ground. The omni will probably sport a full t-4 rather than a hybrid and probably push around 500hp.

Guest rick458

I drove a Dodge Omni (regular version)when I was learning to drive, and is was quite a fun little car. if you turned it sharp it would pick up the inside rear wheel :shock:

I drove a Dodge Omni (regular version)when I was learning to drive, and is was quite a fun little car. if you turned it sharp it would pick up the inside rear wheel :shock:

YES, it's true. I had a friend that would rib me about it. "Your car looks like a dog taking a leak on a tree! Ha Ha!"

Mr. smarty pants would never race me though. :evil: