HybridZ

Looking for a book

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

Does anyone know of a source for the book about "how to modify your datsun" or maybe it was called "How to race your Datsun"? something pretty close to that?

I'm looking for the one about how to reinforce the chasis and suspension setup for road-racing..

I already have the one about "how to restore"..

Guest smoov280zx

If you've got a Books-A-Million near you check there, i picked "How to modify your datsun/nissan OHC engine" in the auto section along with "how to rebuild your datsun/nissan ohc engine". Another really good one that they are more likely to have is "How to understand, service and modify Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine management systems". Very good read, covers L-Jetronic and several others.

Mitch

Guest plainswolf

Thanks guys! I did just buy a "How to restore your datsun" book about a week and a half or so ago... great book! but I think it must be the How to hot rod your datsun' perhaps..

I have a "How to Modify Datsun 510, 610, 240Z Engines & Chassis" book published by H. P. Books in 1973 - 240 pages. It's got a picture of John Morton's BRE 510 at Atlanta on the cover.

It has an extensive section on how to build a Datsun 510 TransAm car. It also has a section on the Z car but not as extensive as the TransAm chapter. Over half the book covers modifing the stock 4 and 6 cylinder engines.

Is this what you are looking for? :?:

You can get better advice by searching the archives on this site.

I agree w/Sup Dog as I have the book you are looking for and you will get far more info towards your Z than you will get in that book as far as your Z is concerned.

There are some really resourceful brakes/suspension/steering guys who are members of Hybridz-basically anything you can ask is/has already been covered.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Guest BigWhyteDude

Seak and so shall you find :) Seriously though they are right, pritty much anything you want to do to your Z has been covered at least once on this forum. It really is worth your time to search out the info you need.

Good luck to you,

Andrew