HybridZ

R180 Fill Plug Problems (need one)

BillZ260

Drained the oil in my R-180 when I had it out of the car last weekend. It took ALOT of work getting the fill plug out. Has anyone else had this much trouble with them? 17mm wrench just slid off and my impact did absolutly nothing to it. Couldn't get it to budge at all and ended up mangling it up pretty good. Finally had to go to Sears and get their socket ez out set which they do not sell the peices seperatly and they are not 1/2 drive, they are 3/8 which i found to be ODD, as impacts are all 1/2 inch right? and it was 60 bucks, but just another tool right? Anyway got it with the ez out and a long breaker bar on my little baby 3/8 ratchet. Once I got it off the treads were perfect and clean, so did the heating cooling cycles over the years make this so stubborn? So all that to say, I need another fill plug, does any one have an extra lying around. I am afraid of what the parts store or dealer wants for one. Should i post this in BUY SELL TRADE? Would also like to have one that the 1/2 drive fit into like the drain plug.

I don't have a plug for you. Not yet at least. But I think you want to have one inny and one outty for the drain and fill plugs. As I remember one is blocked by the mustache bar and not accessable by a socket wrench, end wrench only. And the other is best accessed by a socket wrench.