HybridZ

Coolest Third Brake Lite

Synlubes

It was on a Oldsmobile Aurora (late model ?).

I was behind in traffic and got caught up watching this 3rd brake lite.

It comes on and blinks 5 times and then go solid everytime the brake pedal is used.

The other 2 brake lites burn solid.

I just thought it was cool. possible ideas for brake lite mods!

Try and look out for them on the streets.

Have a safe holiday season everyone.

So we (U.S. drivers) couldn't see oncoming traffic all the decades prior to the daytime running lights GM put out, and now we can't put the cell phone down long enough to not only see a third brake light when it, and its two big brothers, turn on, but now we have to be annoyed by the blinking light. I can only imagine what bumper to bumper traffic would look like from a distance. I guess it's only a matter of time before the reverse gear beeper is place on the domestic four-door. If we could only learn how to drive, and not just how to steer the car that carries us.

Terry,

I see it the same way. We are told that our society is made up of mnay stipud pepole, therefore we need devices to prevent something that might happen to one person, be it flashing lights or daytime running lights. All it takes is one person to wine about something :roll: .

Have you seen the new sport bikes/crotch rockets? I have seen quite a few new ones with the flashing brake light. On a motorcycle it makes sense, but on a four wheeled vehicle a lot bigger than a motorcycle? IMO, annoying.

!M!

Well just the other morning sitting in traffic (stop and go), I saw 3 a$$ enders.

In these cases there were already 3 solid brake lites shining at them.

So who knows if a flashing lite helps.

I`d like to put one on the back of my vehicles.

IMO, you can`t have enough lites flashing aroung here.

Well just the other morning sitting in traffic (stop and go)' date=' I saw 3 a$$ enders.

In these cases there were already 3 solid brake lites shining at them.

So who knows if a flashing lite helps.

I`d like to put one on the back of my vehicles.

IMO, you can`t have enough lites flashing aroung here.[/quote']

Doug,

I wasn't ripping on your idea, it was just my personal opinion on the flashing lights. Those people that got rear ended were probably talking on the cell phone, changing a CD or it was just some dumb blonde. If there was a flashing light, they might not have noticed anyhow, considering how many flashing lights there are in stop and go traffic (brake lights on, brake lights off, brake lights on, brake lights off).

Peope feel way to safe in their vehicles, with all the air bags and saftey equipment. They just stop paying attention to their surroundings.

!M!

Doug' date='

I wasn't ripping on your idea, it was just my personal opinion on the flashing lights. !M![/quote']

No problem!

Different ideas = solutions.

I see a wreck a day here, without even looking for them.

What I would like to have is a 4 foot (extended) trailer hitch sticking out the back of my vehicle. :D

So It would do damage to the other vehicle before hitting mine.

I wounder if thats legal around here. :D

Everyone enjoy your holiday!

I have seen the blinking 3rd brake light before. It was eye catching the first couple times I saw it, now I don't pay attention to it any more than any other brake light.

My thoughts on the day running light is that GM said they created them so people would see you better. However, if all the cars on the road have them, then wouldn't the old car without them become more visible? Also, my wife's aunt usually forgets to turn her lights on at dark because she can see fine with the running lights. So she ends up driving around at night with no tail or marker lights :shock: , this is bad, the woman can't drive!

My girl friend has a 2002 Grand am, and there is a switch for the lights.. but it's kind of pointless: there is a daytime runing light system, and a sensor (of some sort.. ) that turns on the main lights when it gets dark! Not to mention it has ABS, traction control, and air bags. WOO HOO... :? The ABS is helpfull sometimes (stearing and braking at the same time) but the trac-control sucks. If it detects front wheel spin, it backs off engine rpm's and a pretty yellow light comes on "low-trac" blink blink. First time I saw it, I though it was a IMPORTANT warning light! Almost got in a accident because it took my attention away from the road, AND the system wouldn't let the car move forward as quickly as it would have (albeit, with some wheel spin). This is just another thing to sell the car "fancy brake light is more visible, therefore there is less chance of an accident hiting you from behind" and it adds to the 'over-confidence' of the driver. Every snow storm here, it's always the 4x4/AWD traction controled ABS NEW cars flipped over in the ditch. Too much confidence in the vehicle's safety/capablitys and ppl don't pay as much attention to their suroundings as much.