HybridZ

need opinions on new fiberglass/carbon parts

Guest fcz

I need some opinions on some parts I am developing, or am about to develop. These will all be available in fiberglass and carbon fiber.

240z taillight panels- molds done

Z valve cover-cover- designing now

280 carbon/FG dash cap- prepping now

Basically just seeing what the interest there will be in each of these parts. Therefore I can make a prioritized list. All my products will be extra high quality at fair prices. I dont have prices yet. Since I have to make an actual part to figure out the labor and materials. Also, looking for other Z parts to reproduce, ones that will sell fairly well.

thankyou

Joel- Fiber Customs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 240zxt

Well, I'm already getting the taillight panel :-D , but the valve cover would be pretty sweet. Any idea how much lighter it will be than the stock one? I think its already been established, but a lot of people like the rear hatch in carbon fiber along with a hood. I've got a hatch and a hood that you could use, but I dont think it would be worth it to get a hood shipped to you because of the weight. Do you have any picks of the taillight panels yet?

Michael

Guest 240zxt

Speaking of the headlight buckets... Does anyone remember that Z that MSA used to have a lot of pictures of? It that the headlight buckets with the duel headlights (one headlight, one foglamp i think) that were a lot more aerodynamic? I always liked thouse. I'll look for a pick unless someone else can find one first.

he has both a 280Z rear panel and 240Z rear panel.

so im guessing he might be making both... i dunnoi though..

also the valve cover he is maken is just a cover that goes over the stock valve cover.. like MSA sells but he offers different colors, and im sure better work, and at a lower price.

Me and Joel already talked about this but ill say..

Straight Carbon fiber Door panels.

Carbon fiber Side markers.

Carbon Fiber Headlight buckets.

Carbon fiber door stills.

Carbon fiber ZG flares

Carbon fiber JDM fender mirrors.

Carbon Fiber Hood.

Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch.

Carbon fiber Full dash caps

:)

mike

he has both a 280Z rear panel and 240Z rear panel.

so im guessing he might be making both... i dunnoi though..

also the valve cover he is maken is just a cover that goes over the stock valve cover.. like MSA sells but he offers different colors' date=' and im sure better work, and at a lower price.

Me and Joel already talked about this but ill say..

Straight Carbon fiber Door panels.

Carbon fiber Side markers.

Carbon Fiber Headlight buckets.

Carbon fiber door stills.

Carbon fiber ZG flares

Carbon fiber JDM fender mirrors.

Carbon Fiber Hood.

Carbon Fiber Rear Hatch.

Carbon fiber Full dash caps

:)

mike[/quote']

Ill stick with the rear panel, let us know whenits ready.

At one point someone also mentioned a splitter/chin spoiler for the MSA aero air dam. If the price were anywhere near right I would buy that.... Might be harder to do the plug for that one, requiring custom work, but I have seen a cut down Civic or S13 one that looked great somewhere (web, not in person)

Jason

fiberglass or carbonfiber center console or heater vent plate. Always thought that would look nice. Maybe glove box door. Just cool interior accents. I've thought of making rear compartment skins that incorporated a subwoofer. Pretty much anything interior. There's also new hood vents.

good idea, I would love to see a 280zxturbo hood vent in cf, you could make both with option to buy one or two, I only want one, those would be very nice.

Im in for the rear panel and hood vent if you make the vent.

Posted: 03 Jan 2004 09:40 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like a carbon fiber dash cap for my 240 as It could be filled with foam and adapted to use as a nice looking race dash faily easily.

We offer a 240Z fiberglass racing dash currently ($400.00) that would not have to be modified for your application. We do offer a carbon solution as well but it runs $1200.00

ZG flares are available through Classic Datsun, I am sure he can have a set done in CF for you.

CF hoods and hatches are available through Classic Datsun as well.

I would like to see the headlight covers with sugar scoop (all one piece) tailight panels, chin spoiler and other such items

932Fiberglass_dash_photo.jpg