HybridZ

Excellent Vendor Experience - Reaction Research

Jason Jarvis

Everyone here probably already knows this, but I wanted to share that I just received my 280YZ rear quarters, and had an excellent experience with John and Reaction Research. While I think we were both slightly scattered due to the time of year, everything was delivered exactly as promised and very quickly. I still find it hard to believe that quality fiberglass parts can be made to order that quickly. The parts themselves are very nice, well above average in quality and fitment. John was excellent, very helpful and with almost immediate response, even checking in on me to ask if I was still working on the project a couple of months after I originally inquired with him. I have to admit that I originally thought that the price and crating charges were a little high, but after seeing the parts side by side with other glass I have bought for this project, there is no comparison. The parts are worth the price, and I think I am going to use the crate they came in as a shelf in my garage. Very nicely professionally packed, resulting in absolutely no shipping damage, even though the crate had obviously taken a couple of whacks.

John Washington and Reation Research have yet another happy customer.....

Jason

Everyone here probably already knows this, but I wanted to share that I just received my 280YZ rear quarters...

Jason,

I hope you have, or will in the future, post some pictures of your 280YZ project. Are you going to use the 280YZ front end too? Is it going to be a street car or for the track?

Matt

John's a great guy. I also got a tour of his place in AZ when I placed my order. Met up with him at MSA last year as well. His fiberglass is simply superior to the competition both in design and execution. His service is professional and accommodating. When I wanted only chuncks of this fender or that airdam John was happy to supply my special order at a very reasonable price.

And speaking or price, I have never heard any of his customers say they paid too much.

John is a great guy. He accomodated me by giving me an impromtu tour of his shop a few years ago when I was trying to decide which GTO kit to purchase. In the end, I purchased a VR kit because of John and the consistent comments about the quality of his product and his great customer service.

Everyone here probably already knows this, but I wanted to share that I just received my 280YZ rear quarters...

Jason,

I hope you have, or will in the future, post some pictures of your 280YZ project. Are you going to use the 280YZ front end too? Is it going to be a street car or for the track?

Matt

I will, I'm afraid I don't have anything recent due to 1. a lack of actually doing anything, and 2. I lost my digital camera and have been spending money on car parts instead of electronics !

I am only using the YZ rear quarters at this point. The car will be primarily street, with shows and autocrosses thrown in for fun. There is no way it can be competitive in autocross due to some of the mods, but like I said, for fun....

I like what you did in your pic, with the Miata headlights and Viper driving lights, looks good. Have you looked into how well the contours would really fit for the Miata light mod ?

Jason

I like what you did in your pic' date=' with the Miata headlights and Viper driving lights, looks good. Have you looked into how well the contours would really fit for the Miata light mod ?

Jason[/quote']

I've looked at some Miata's up close and looked at some pictures of the 280YZ on Reaction Research's website; I'm guessing that the contours are different enough that it would take a good fabricator some effort to make it work.

One thing I've noticed, so far, and I'm no expert, is that YZ rear fenders are more popular for street use than the YZ front end parts. I can see why a person might think that it's a little too "over-the-top" for a practical street ride. I think that it could be modified without too much trouble to be a lot better for the street, if you have some skill at working with fiberglass or know somebody who does. (see PhotoShop mods below :wink:) The next challenge would be the headlight issue.

1072813553742_FrontEndBob.jpg

1071763893469_01.mazda.miata.jpg

What we really need is to convince John Washington at Reaction Research to make a front end along the lines of the vehicle in the pic below to go with the YZ rear. That would resolve all of the thorny issues for me :D

1075488141166_viper_venom_600.jpg

Matt