HybridZ

Innovative Turbo Systems Ex Wastegate flange.

fl327

Wondering if anyone runs one of these, they make an adapter/spacer deal that I am looking into using in order to finally use the t04e on my car, and I want to use my tial wastegate since I already have it. Im wondering if anyone uses one or knows if the flanges are compatible.

Yeah, last years last race has me going for the big guns :lol:

I have to make a downpipe anyway, the T04e has a 3" Vband flange on the end, not a four bolt flange. OH man, open wastegate dump with a motorcycle muffler sticking out behind the front wheel, oh boy!!!

Anyone know if wg flanges match?

Yeah, its a slick piece and hopefully it solves a few things for me.

The only guy I know that tigs doesnt trust himself with cast iron and im scared of crappy work on something like this, so that piece will do the job hopefully.

Overboost.com sells it for 112.00, I think thats very reasonable!

Im going to call them later this week and ask them for a t3 on one side and t4 flange on the other, shouldnt be much more hopefully. Ive been doing my research on setting up the t4 and so far its been the best looking prospect yet. I think its a t3 flange standard.

Thanks, that's looks like a useful piece for those of us who are welding impaired (me). I assume that's a standard T3 adapter? Have you priced it yet? Maybe it would fit the Audi wastegate...

that looks like the normal tial/turbonetics wastegate mount. I dont think any audi wastegate uses that pattern, I have an audi gate in the garage and it uses an odd shaped 4 bolt pattern. Im sure every audi up untill 96-97 used the same wastegate too. HTH

~Kenny

• 4 weeks later...

Hey FL27, I still havent had luck posting pix here so I'll e-mail it to you,but it's of the T4/E downpipe adapter I turned on a lathe in order to make use of the v-band clamp in a real smooth 45 degree stainless exit.It actually slips into the I.D. and has a zero interior transition as it mates up.

Maybe I'm dreaming ,but I could swear it changed the sound,spool response and back pressure for the better ! :lol:

I won't lie,it took about 9 hours to prototype it on the lathe but it fits perfectly and lools so proper not to mention how easy it makes everything to install/uninstall.Let me know what you think :?: I'll try to get more angles to you if you like ?

Vince :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris240turbo

I replyed to this before the site went down, here's the new abridged version: I ordered this adapter a couple days ago, it's a full T-4 flange only, and all they had left was the "slim" 45 degree adapter, it SHOULD work with my new on center T-4 turbine, which will raise the turbo on the manifold some, but they are still considering casting more of the 90 degree models, which would likely be a better fit,and it only comes with a flange to fit either a turbonetics 42mm racegate or innovative's 42mm progate ($$$$$) I bought a racegate, I'll take pictures as soon as I get the parts.

Chris

Didnt go with that setup, although I do like it. Had a t3 to t4 adapter drilled the t3 side straight thru and countersunk the holes, got shorter studs and it bolts on. Adapter acts as a spacer. 2" maybe smaller pipe L shape welded in between 5 and 6, needs more welding. Should be fun soon...