HybridZ

My car is almost painted (Updated with painted pics)

Z Driver

This is my 1980 280ZX that I bought in April. I bought a rust bucket because I didn't know any better at the time. I spent the whole summer stripping the primer that one of the PO's sprayed on over the rust. I brought it over to a local body shop in November to finish what I couldn't do.

Here the car when I purchased it:

album_pic.php?pic_id=2694

The door jambs and hatch were just painted. (I didn't want the engine compartment painted)

album_pic.php?pic_id=2690

The car will have paint on it Monday. I just thought I'd share these pics with you because I enjoy it when others post pics of their cars.

Guest smoov280zx

I know man. I dropped my 83 off on Wednesday to get it painted, supposed to check on it this Wednesday. I went with 2001 Porsche Forest Green Metallic, I think it will look good with the panasports and tan interior. I'm going crazy waiting for it, but ill post some pictures of mine too as soon as i can bum the digital camera from my sister. :D

WOW!!!!! Look'n good! 8) :2thumbs::cheers:

Seeing as how my car will finally see paint this spring, I was wondering

about a few things......

1.) Did you remove all your door weather stripping to paint the door jams?

2.) Did you remove the weather stripping on the doors and the door panels to paint the inside of the doors?

I am not a painter so these may seem like simple questions but Im just curious since you just had yours painted. :D

I will be haveing my brother paint my car. He has been doing painting and restorations for 15+years. I know he will know what to do but Im curious now! :D:lol:

Thanks,

Guy

Well, I spent all of last week putting the car back together. The color is Prowler Orange from the Plymoth Prowler. It's a two stage paint. I removed the weatherstripping and much of the interior around the jambs. The hood was painted off the car. These pics don't do the car justice, I had to reduce the quality so much. The car hasn't been washed yet and I still have to correct those bumpers when I get time. I'm getting the windows tinted this week too. Thanks for the comments.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2776

album_pic.php?pic_id=2777

album_pic.php?pic_id=2778

Thanks for the comments. I got the car painted and a TON of bodywork including welding in new rockers for $2257.89 . The guy that worked on it (Alpha Omega Body and Frame) did an excellent job and did more than I ever expected. He even painted the hood vents and other small parts black for me. I'm going to have this guy help me on my black interior conversion too. His helper said his dad made a 280ZX turbo into a roadster with no top back in the 80's. I never knew that anyone did that to a 280ZX.

I just got back from taking the car out in public for the first time since the paint job. I stopped at a gas station and a cop comment on how nice my car was. Everyone that I drove by was looking because it's the only Z in town. I even saw some little kids pointing and saying how cool it was in the parking lot. Owning a Z(X) is so great.

Thanks