HybridZ

Amazing discovery!!

I'm sure most of you guys already know about this, but today I made an amazing discovery: Actually, getting off my lazy, football watching butt and spending time in the garage contributes to making progress on the project! Wow! I had no idea... :roll:

For quite some time now, I've been waiting for my magical little garage dwarf to get my Velo Rossa project done. However, the drunken little farking bastage hasn't made much headway. I finally got ticked-off at him and went out to the garage to beat him. I tripped over a pile of suspension parts during my search for the little freak and decided I'd try my hand at installing them myself. To make a long story short, this weekend I finished putting together my coil-over kits, installed all of my new urethane bushings and installed the suspension on the car. Then, I installed my Outlaw disk brake packages. If I'd known I could do all of this faster than than that inebriated runt of a dwarf, I would have spent more time in the garage before this...

I've added quite a few pics to the gallery on my personal site. Here are a couple.

Struts sectioned 1.5", coilover kits w/ 200lbs springs up front and 250lb springs in back, 5 lug hubs, 13" vented rotors in front and 11" solid rotors in the back, Outlaw aluminum 4 piston calipers...

IMG_0530.sized.jpg

IMG_0533.sized.jpg

I got all of this done and went to the garage fridge to reward myself with a nice, tall beer. That freaking little dwarf made off with all of my Guiness. I'm gonna beat that lazy little midget when I find him. :twisted:

For quite some time now' date=' I've been waiting for my magical little garage dwarf to get my Velo Rossa project done. [/quote']

Looks great Wagz, don't underestimate dwarfs! I saw Lord of the Rings III last night :D

Those rear stub axles look familiar:)

Do keep an eye on your lower coilover adjustable nuts (not my setup), I haven't see those in red but appears they're the type with a perpendicular set screw bored into a one piece aluminum ring. You're likely aware but perhaps others are not, and since you posted pics it's easy to differentiate for all, the style picture tend to come loose easily. FWIW if indeed those are the ones you have. Hopefully the coilover vendor saved you some notable dough, the SST springs you have and those collars save some $90US min. on that kits package overall. Just keep an eye on those set screws with the under rubber nib, one vendor suggested duct taping them to keep them in. I'd hate to see one come loose and vibration lead to unneccessary damage and I know those vendors don't point that out with that particular nut. Customers with those from others and the wholesaler's have mentioned it me so I pass it on just to help prevent surprises no matter the systems you run. Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just too value/function oriented to ignore it.

Take care and best of luck with your remaining works!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

z-REX - It outta be clean. Spent waayyy too much time completely stripping the entire underside to bare metal, repainting and undercoating. Not sure I'd eat off it, though. :D

Ross - I think your observation is right on. I had intended to order a second set of adjusting nuts to use as jam nuts. I don't really like the set-screw setup. I forgot about that detail in my fervor to get these puppies installed. I guess I'm either gonna commit to trying it this way or, I'm going to have to partially disassemble these things... Fortunately, the coil-over setup is sooo much easier to R&R than the stock setup.

JP - Great minds think alike: Good beer and great cars! :D:cheers: