HybridZ

Seats question...

deMideon

I need a seat for my 280, I have a set of seats for it but they are too wide / high. I am 6' 3" so the installed height needs to be like the original seats were, so I have headroom. And yes I do know I could get another original seat! I would like something that has better side and thigh support. Anyone have any ideas?

I know a lot of people are talking about the Miata seats, but I saw one post where someone said it did cut down the amount of headroom. Do they?

Guest Zachb55

im 6' 10" , got any seat suggestions for me? i was thinking the corbeau seats looked comfy, and im not too worried about leg room, its just not going to happen in any car except a hummer maybe...

-Zach

I have the corbeau Clubman seats in my Z. I made my own mounts for them and I may have to actually raise them up a little. I am 5'11". I wish I could have put them about 1" further back. That would have made them perfect, but they are fine where they are.

Tim

Guest Zachb55

haha, thats what all my friends say (well they dont know of such a thing as a 2+2 but they say i should sit in the back seat, but i dont have one, lol). i really dont mind though, im just so used to it, i would just like to find a comfy and good-supporting seat for less then $200... i think ill just have to save up and pay the big bucks for something nice...

finalstageauto_1774_460582

only :shock: $2000 :shock: for 2!!! what a deal :wink:

-Zach

haha' date=' thats what all my friends say (well they dont know of such a thing as a 2+2 but they say i should sit in the back seat, but i dont have one, lol). i really dont mind though, im just so used to it, i would just like to find a comfy and good-supporting seat for less then $200... i think ill just have to save up and pay the big bucks for something nice...

[img']http://store3.yimg.com/I/finalstageauto_1774_460582[/img]

only :shock: $2000 :shock: for 2!!! what a deal :wink:

-Zach

thats the seats i had, Bride EGRO's, but sold them to buy my Z, awesome seats, but i still dont know if they would have fit lol....

would they?

im kinda lucky, im only 5' 8" (if that) and only 132lbs so i can fit pretty good. i was looken at the Corbeau CR1's, Sparco Torino's, and Bride EGRO's.

also Zach... ur really 6' 10"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn man.

how old are ya and how much you weigh?

mike

Those Nismo seats look a little lumpy..... I like the design, but it looks like they were stuffed with random chunks of foam from the floor, kinda like how GPC cigarettes are made. They could probably benefit from some extra material sewn onto the edges of the bolsters as well. Seats with bolsters like that tend to wear out really quickly from sliding over them to sit down all the time. For a good example of this, go to the salvage yard and try to find Fiero seats that dont have giant holes in the bolsters, they're like a 1 in 100 find.

The seats need to be around 19" wide to be able to sit low enough in our cars (at least the 280) cause it has a different mounting setup.

I have the Fiero seats in my 280. They were recovered by the previous owner (I got them from the J/Y) with sheep skin seat and back with tan suede bolstering :shock: The sheep skin is thicker than the stock material... I put on simple black seat covers till I could figure something out with them.. They now sit slightly higher... less than an inch.

I use the stock 280 rails, and welded 3/8 thick flat bar to the seat (bolted were I was able to mount them in the stock seat locations) I then bolted my rails to the flat bars which let me centre the seat where I wanted.

I don't hit my head on the roof (I'm 5ft 8) even when I wear my helmet. Though my helmet can touch my side roof roll cage hoop if I wiggle my head around while strapped in.

I'm thinking of recovering the seat, and have the sheep skin removed, and maybe pull/cut some of the seat bottom out to give me a bit more head room... cost 450.00per seat...cdn$

If I get an aftermarket seat, I need it to be less than 19" wide with a low bottom to give me room to instal the seat... It is easy to add a spacer to raise it up, but Not so easy to lower it, so I want one low to begin with.

Sparco has a seat called the "roadster" It doesn't recline but looks very narrow and has a low seating position.

But the price goes up from there...and If I am going to spend big bucks, I won't "settle" with just any low priced seat...

Anyone have any comments on narrow seats?... I'd gladly give up some lateral support for a narrower seat that gives me more installation leeway...

Len.. i was told the Z32 seats didnt fit, as i had a pair of black leather ones in AWESOME shape.. so i sold them.

they are badass seats.

man i didnt no this!

mike

its only a seat, they dont know where they are going!

Two holes on one side almost line up with the aid of a die grinder, moving them up and out a tiny amount, and the other just do the same thing, and I bolted them down into my 75. I would like to do blue seats since the one I have works well and is extremely comfortable. The mods needed explain themselves once you pull the seat rails out of the 280. NOt hard, and they clear the trans tunnel easily. If I dont find another blue one ill have to go leather...oh well :D I like the blue ones though, i want to paint my car blue thought they would look cool.