HybridZ

Do You Like This Toyota And Its Owner??? More Yum Pics!

slownrusty

Guest BigWhyteDude

call me ignorent but what is so speacial about the caddy north star? I really dont know anything about them. Have they been talked about before on here? Any one got a link to some info about them ??

Andrew

Guest dpiatkin

the northstar V-8 is a DOHC aluminum block and heads and around 300 hp stock, it has a 7500 rpm redline and is easily modified to greater HP and RPM's.

I want one badly for my Fiero but, lots of work and cash !!!

Guest dpiatkin

the biggest problem with the N* Fiero is the computer issues, there are a few forums and websites dedicated to the N* fiero and a N* is fairly expensive even straight out of the wrecking yard.... it runs around 1600.00 for a "JY" motor with harness, ECU and accessories !!

The N* can be bumped to over 400 HP with only a cam change and the RPM's can be bumped to 9500 with new springs and rockers.

This is a great motor !! not too bad for around a 300 cid......

Guest Your Car is Slow
its pretty much a F1 engine and sounds the part too

Its a transverse engine...pretty rare to find a 32v Fuel injected Transverse engine that can make that sort of power these days :)

Guest dpiatkin

check the link that Mat73gnz hooked up and thats what I mean !! 75 with cam alone, and thats not the best cam I've seen for this motor !! Then add some head work and an intake, open up the exhaust, remove some crap accesories and HOLY SH*T! !! Thats one high revvin' fat HP mutha !!

And yes its normaly a FWD engine configuration, which is why it works so well on a N* Fiero... Its already a FWD engine mounted in the back to give a mid-engine vehichle. All you must do is to change out the motor mounts and a few other items ( a lot like a "V-8 Z" swap). The N* is truly a unique and potent critter!! (stock fiero trannie even bolts to the N* w/o mods)

I believe that at least one member on the forum is currently doing a N* "Z", but I cannot remember who to save my life. Try a search and it may prove fruitful.

Deep - Its Bill Strong...not Bill Sherwood. Both Bills are very talented though!

This Northstar has been modified to 385hp and 390ft.lbs. In that MR2, its going to be nothing short of sick!

Look forward to it being finished. BTW, apparently this project was the result of a challenge from the editors writers at Sport Compact Car to Bill.

Will keep you guys updates as the project progresses.

Yasin

Guest dpiatkin

we know its a MR who ?..... I stated earlier in the thread that I wanted one for my Fiero, and another gentleman said he would also love a N* in a fiero !

Alot of Fiero guys have done this swap already.

Deep - Its Bill Strong...not Bill Sherwood. Both Bills are very talented though!

This Northstar has been modified to 385hp and 390ft.lbs. In that MR2' date=' its going to be nothing short of sick!

Look forward to it being finished. BTW, apparently this project was the result of a challenge from the editors writers at Sport Compact Car to Bill.

Will keep you guys updates as the project progresses.

Yasin[/quote']

Whoops, I knew that. :lol: