HybridZ

Instant open exhaust

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I am looking in the summit catalog and they have those instant open header sections that you weld in place. they have a Y on one end with a wing nut screwed on cap that you can remove when you go to the track to create a reletively straight output. does anyone here use them or know someone who does?

clicky this to see what I am talking about

just get a electronic dump valve.. works great for turbo cars and easy to put in if you have the tools to do it.

i plan on getting one.

there not alot of money either..

mike

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
Get an electric cutout' date=' [u']not[/u] the cable pull style cutouts. This way, you don't have to jack up your car and lay on your back to "uncap" your exaust.

!M!

What is wrong with the cable pull style? I was thinking of getting those. $40-something vs $150-something is nice.

Be advised that tracks nationwide are adopting sound ordinances and that your exhaust will be limited to a maximum of 95 dBa. That is actually close to the maximum allowed on the street by most municipalities. Bottom line - invest your money in a really good muffler that has very low back-pressure and keeps the noise down. Not a lot to be gained from exhaust dumps now like there used to be back in grandpa's day.

95?!!?!?!?!?!

thats mad.. a stock Ferrari 360 M's exhaust is lounder then that.. my boys WRX with his BPM type 2 exhaust was 109 at like 3K.

i know my Z is gonna be way lounder then 95 at WOT.

mike

Get an electric cutout' date=' [u']not[/u] the cable pull style cutouts. This way' date=' you don't have to jack up your car and lay on your back to "uncap" your exaust.

!M![/quote']

What is wrong with the cable pull style? I was thinking of getting those. $40-something vs $150-something is nice.

I should say that I screwed up writing that. The electric cutout is very nice, the cable pull cutouts have had a lot of bad things said about them (leaks after a while is the main reason) and the three wing nut style with plate cut out is just a pain to uncork and put it back on everytime.

!M!