HybridZ

RC Z CARS?

BARACU

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Hey, if you find bodies, let us know. I'd like to get a body for the universal style RC chassis. I had actually considered making one myself by making a scale mold based on a plastic model.

Guest Iceickle

I saw one in a model shop window here in Aus, it was a rally 240z, although it was an actual model. I think it would have been big enough to adapt the shell to a nitro chassis however :)

After several days of searching the net, I was able find the manufacturer of Z bodies. http://www.abchobby.com/index2.html. Unfortunately, can't find anyone who carries them.

I found both of the bodies on E-bay, the 240z rally and the 240ZG race version. I bought the rally version, the race is still avilable.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=2565&item=3170366407&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT. Shipping is $15 from Hong Kong. AL

Guest bastaad525

They getting more and more rare, I bought a little gas powered RC car a couple years ago and searched high and low and couldn't find a 240 body. There ARE still RC 240's that you can get from/in Japan, but not 'serious' RC cars like the $300 gas or electric RC cars like you would go race, just little battery powered ones like the kind you would buy for your kid (maybe from 4-8" long), but apparently they are still widely produced. They have also included 240s in the mini-RC car craze (though again, only in Japan) I've seen many of the 2" RC 240's... G nose, regular S30... also 510's... old 1st gen skylines, you name it.

Your best bet will probably be the ones on ebay. The seller that has the 240ZG bodies does also sell the 240z from time to time. I've been trying to locate one for some time now and that's been the only consistent source. I think they're only 190mm but they should fit a 1/10th nitro 200mm too. If not the 350Z body is pretty sweet too. And alot easier to come by. Not to mention half the cost of on of the retro units!

jaime: I bought the 240Z rally from the guy in Hong Kong on e-bay. even though he advertised it as "one only" he has since listed another one. The Rally version is for 190mm body, the ZG version is for the 200mm body.I want to replicate my actual car....hmmmmm.... how do I stick a V8 in one of those? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I remember WAY back and there was a member on this forum that had a line on the Z bodies. They were Lexan(pretty standard RC 1/10th) scale.

Maybe if you use the search engine here the post may come up. It was at least a couple of years ago though. I think he was arranging a group purchase because they were coming from over seas... Anyone try Kyosho or Tamiya?... I will look through some of my offshore catalogs for some info. I have some that have the SUPER high end cars that they race in Europe.. The cars are larger and WAY more sophisticated than the average hobby shop car here... Most are 1/4 scale and the F1 cars have 4 wheel disk(cross drilled or slotted) brakes that are pnuematicly opperated.. Totaly trick stuff!

Myron

I received my Z body , just this morning. Body is made by ABC Hobby Ltd, Japan, and comes with all the decals. This is the rally z, with the hood mounted driving lights. Fortunately, the lights are a separate piece and don't have to be attached. The bumpers are molded exactly like the Aero kit with wrap around bumpers that I have on my car, so the car should be an exact duplicate. I'll have to work on finding BBS mesh style wheels for it. This should be a fun project. I'l post some pics when it's completed.

Myron: Kyle at Strictly Z was the one importing the Z bodies in the past, (see earlier post).

AL