HybridZ

Cool seats, free shipping

Z-TARD

here's the same seats I got for my Z, except for $10 more than I paid, but minus the $80 I paid for shipping. I highly reccomend these, very comfortable and supportive, and they sit pretty low in the car.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2454306469&category=33701&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Mike

Thanks foe the heads up.... I just bought a pair!!

Tell me, do they come as a pair, meaning, do they have the reclining latch on the left side on one, and the right side on the other?

What do you think of them? are you satisfied with what you got for the money?

thanks again

joel

Yeah, they come as a matched pair with recline controls on opposing sides of the seats. The sliders could maybe use a little work, as they are really close to the base of the seat. I think you could probably bend them downward at the last 3 or 4 inches to gain some clearance. Not really an issue unless you plan on adjusting the seat on a regular basis. They are pretty light, lighter than the Camaro seats I was using. I'd geuss maybe 15 to 20 pounds each. They are just a little lover 20" across at the base, so plenty of room for mounting in our cars. I mounted mine about haf an inch inboard of where the stock seats were mounted, it puts the upper shoulder support about 1/4" away from the door when it's closed. Glad I could help out,

Mike

Wow, decent price and they weigh less then stock seats to boot. One question, do your elbows bump into those wings on the upper part of the seat? Every racing seat I have been in makes it very hard to shift the shifter without your elbybone :D bumping into that wing on the upper part of the seat. In other words, does the seat limit the movement of your right arm?

!M!

I didn't notice any problems with my elbows hitting them while operating the shifter. The seats are very close fitting though, so one person may hit while another of a different build may not. I definitely like having the shoulder support though, I think it will make steering a lot easier because you can use that extra support to push against the steering wheel while turning. I'm extremely happy with what I got for the money. Compared to the 3A seats at Pep Boys that cost the same or more depending on the model, I think these are much better seats. The material is higher quality, the seems seem much more durable, and they seem to have had a lot more attention to detail during construction than the Pep Boys 3A seats. I checked the DAD website too, and these same seats are listed at $725 a pair. http://www.dynamicautodesign.com/index1.htm

Those seats rock - I have installed a pair. That's not a bad price. Mike, you say they sit low - were you able to install them without using spacers?Im' thinking about cutting down the corner a little to stop them from hitting the transmission tunnel before I move them to my new car.

Well, I received these seats today. They are very nice, and lite, but I can see a problem already.. :D, my most common passenger is very HAIRY, and these seats will be a hair magnet.

At least with the oem seats, I could just wipe, or blow of the seats, but now.... man what a beach.....

Just taking them out of the bags, I got carpet furr all over them...nopity.gif

Oh well... I'll have to get used to them, they are nice...

I thought they were lighter than they are. I got on a scale with them, and without the sliders, they weigh 30lbs. I haven't taken my oem seats out and weighed them yet, but I'll bet there close.

Z Tard, Forrest, did you guys use the supplied rails, or did you attach them to the oem sliders?

hey my friend has those seats. Just an FYI that material can be cleaned of fuzz etc with a good lint brush. Here is another nice seat for cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2456345758 By the way I have seen those dad seats for 199 on ebay and 70-80 dollar shipping with sliders. So you can beat that price by about a hundred bucks