HybridZ

Parts is parts...

So, other than head gaskets, I need to either buy some rewarder headers or some Sandersons, and I need to pick up another MSD distributor... Still have no clue WHY I sold the one I had... It would work fine with the combo I have... I also need to buy a clutch kit and a slave cylinder.

We'll try to get the car ready for undercar paint over the next three weeks...

Mike :D

Everyone I heard from on the S&S header said it had a ground clearance issue. I know I'm gonna choke the motor a bit with the block huggers, but I'll gain a little bit back by going with the 1 3/4 primary tubes...

I do not want to deal with losing any ground clearance.

Mike 8)

Mike, take a look at the Thermal Tech headers

(http://www.thermaltechcoatings.com/).

I bought my block huggers from them for the LT1, and they are great and better priced then any other headers I could find. Also, they're located in VA. Good header, good price, good delivery, good people to deal with, what more can I say ??? Not sure, but they may even do custom work, I know they do the coating themselves.

- Joe

Staledale, Yep, I have them installed. They are the D-port Block Huggers and they seem to clear fine. They are so tight that they almost touch the lip of the oil pan. I used Percy Dead Soft header gaskets, but the gaskets that came with the headers looked good.

- Joe

• 1 year later...