HybridZ

Engine Control Computer Reprogramming

Guest ericmendenhall

Guest ericmendenhall

I have been approached by a company who makes aftermarket performance enhancing EEPROMs, they need some consulting work.

It's out of my area (although I am an EE) and I wanted to see if anybody out there is interested in the work.

Their current method of reprogramming EEPROMs involves removal and replacement, which is harder now since they solder them in.

The desired method involves using the service port to flash the EEPROM without removal, which their competition does, and which does not require the user to send their ECC in to the aftermarket guys.

The problem is that the interface protocol for the service port is proprietary, so they need a guy to figure out how to speak that language.

The company will supply you with a manufacturer's service module and their competition's reprogramming device, so it seems like a straightforward (but nontrivial) matter for a serious computer engineer/hacker type.

Anybody know somebody who fits the bill?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

I work as an embedded programmer for a small company that builds portable X-Ray equipment. I have lots of experience dealing with serial ports and proprietary protocols. I'm interested in doing the work for the company you mentioned.

Please PM me with the contact information or I can send you an electronic version of my resume which you can then forward to them.

Along with the serial port work I have done a small amount of USB stuff and am familiar with Bluetooth wireless configurations and hardware.

I have been professionally programming for more than 17 years but started playing with computers in 1980 when the top-of-the-line was the RadioShack TRS-80.

Anyway let me know what you want to do next. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ken W.

• 3 weeks later...

Eric,

We have been doing this type of work for the last four years. We specialize in reprograming of OEM computers and have all the necessary equipment and programs to make it work.

I am currently field testing a modified 83zxt ECCS in my car. We can read and program my ECCS on the fly with an adaptor and laptop computer. I am currently running 9lbs of boost on a stock T-3 turbo and the difference is very noticable. The off boost response is amazing. This was accomplished by changing to a more aggresive timing curve until boost comes on, making for a much smoother transition to boost. We are also capable of programing to control bigger injectors. My next step is to schedule some dyno time to see exactly how much more power we are making with the modified ECCS vs modified ECCS.

Eric' date='

We have been doing this type of work for the last four years. We specialize in reprograming of OEM computers and have all the necessary equipment and programs to make it work.

I am currently field testing a modified 83zxt ECCS in my car. We can read and program my ECCS on the fly with an adaptor and laptop computer. I am currently running 9lbs of boost on a stock T-3 turbo and the difference is very noticable. The off boost response is amazing. This was accomplished by changing to a more aggresive timing curve until boost comes on, making for a much smoother transition to boost. We are also capable of programing to control bigger injectors. My next step is to schedule some dyno time to see exactly how much more power we are making with the modified ECCS vs modified ECCS.[/quote']

Who is "We" and when will this product be available? Any link to info?

Bernardd

We have currently broken all the codes associated with the 81-83 ECCS, both standards and automatics. I know most people think that it is impossible to do, but we have done it. I have been driving with it for a while now and have had no problems as of yet. The next logical step will be to get a few good pull on the dyno to verify on paper our butt-o-meter feelings. Once we have the proof on paper we will post a printout along with some pictures of the before and after maps. When everything goes as planned, Maximum Racing Group,Inc will be born.

We also have the capability to reprogram most Porsch,Mercedez Benz, and BMW, and a few others.

• 2 months later...
Guest onthego-

Guys have been doint this kind of stuff with the supras for some time now. Its good to see someone is getting into it with the z's.

Good Luck.