HybridZ

Got my ticket reduced!

240hoke

Sme frustrated rambling

The cops are on a rampage around here. They have speed traps everywhere. Coming home from school today in our 300zx I got pulled for no reason whatsoever he followed me for a while and then pulled me to check my lisence and registration. Then I saw (2) more undercover cops on the rest of my joyous trip. Yesterday there was a cop sitting out on the road in front of my house. I think its time for a radar dectector...

But anyway just got some good news today.

Last november I got a speeding ticket doing 18 over coming home from school back through the country. Anyway a sherrif in an unmarked car :evil: pulled me. Didnt get slowed down enough arghh....

But at anyrate my lawyer got it reduced to 9 over and nothing goes on my insurance.... wooohhooo...

Anyway just wanted to pass on always get a lawyer to fight your ticket! chances are it'll be reduced or dropped.

-Austin

Hell.. half the time if you fight it, the cop wont even show up for the court date, and you get off! I dono about the states.. but apparently in ontario, if you get a ticket.. say $120 or something, if you send them a check/money order for slightly more.. say..$121, they will sent you a refund for overpayment. Then, all you do is NEVER cash the check! Apparently, this keeps the ticket from being put on your record, and it keeps it off your drivers abstract. (so the ins. co. doesnt ever know) Something about it still being 'procesed'.. basicaly, stuck in the system. Just what I have heard..

Hell.. half the time if you fight it, the cop wont even show up for the court date, and you get off! I dono about the states.. but apparently in ontario, if you get a ticket.. say $120 or something, if you send them a check/money order for slightly more.. say..$121, they will sent you a refund for overpayment. Then, all you do is NEVER cash the check! Apparently, this keeps the ticket from being put on your record, and it keeps it off your drivers abstract. (so the ins. co. doesnt ever know) Something about it still being 'procesed'.. basicaly, stuck in the system. Just what I have heard..

That's an urban legend. Check it on snopes.com.

I contested a ticket and the cop didn't show. Very nice, and congrats on getting the reduction Austin.

I don't know how well this will work for you or in your area, and I didn't do it for this reason, but here goes...

I'm really bad about paying my tickets. I never do. And I get a lot of them. Anyway, I have had a bunch of them turn into warrants (and have been subsequently arrested for non-payment 5 times) but anyway, whenever I let a ticket turn into a warrant for my arrest, get arrested, and pay the ticket to get out of jail, they somehow never show up on my driving record. As far as progressive knows, I've only had 2 my entire life (and i had more than that the first week I bought my car). Anyway, YMMV!

:)

Bill