HybridZ

R230 axle part numbers

Speedway engineering ( http://www.1speedway.com/main.htm ) now has them on the shelf. Their price is $175 per. Part numbers are:

0090-046 (12.437") (driver's side)

0090-046 (12.937") (passenger side)

Just FYI......

Also, I have a distibutorship with Speedway, so I can get them for you a little cheaper, (along with the adapters which are in use by at least 4 people), but I don't really want to compete with Ross, so this posting is purely for information distribution.

any chance you can post a picture of them ?

and are they rebuilt and resized units or are they completly new custom made cv's ?

I noticed your thread on the adapters and so on but never seen a clear picture of the new cv's you had made from them. would like to see them if possible as this is a swap i plan to do.

These are completely new shafts, with the correct length splines on each end to accept the inner Q45 CV joints. The shafts are completely hardened (not just surface hardened like the OEM Q45 shafts). Speedway Engineering is a major supplier of shafts, sway bars and complete axle assemblies to Winston Cup and other race series. I just assembled my shafts this afternoon, and they fit the CV joints perfectly!

Here is a picture of the complete units (Speedway supplies the shafts only, you still need to get your own CV joints):

fa2c465e.jpg

Tim

John,

You will need:

2 new shafts (shorter)

4 OEM Q45 shafts (you need 2 inner CVs for each new shaft)

R230 diff

R200 Mustache bar, redrilled

Front mount

Adapters. (These are being made by my machinist)....like I said above, a few folks are already using them, and are very satisfied. Actually one customer bought a second set for another big HP project of his......I will leave it up to him to comment on them if he sees this thread.....

f9d4c57c.jpg

Tim

.... does Ross make these adaptors? ....

Yes I do, packages in stock, some shipping out this week and stock remaining for new orders. More info here including axle comments to your q:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30475

They're not in my webshop yet, hopefully by tomorrow along with pictures. Packaging orders is today's priority.

Ross will your adapters work with his axles ? assuming you both use the same thickness of metal on the adapter ?

Our setup is standalone and not considered to be compatible with other variations. Axle spec's are different as our the R230 CV adaptors we offer (more axle info in above noted link, as well as more comments on our R230 CV design).

• 2 years later...
John,

You will need:

2 new shafts (shorter)

4 OEM Q45 shafts (you need 2 inner CVs for each new shaft)

R230 diff

R200 Mustache bar, redrilled

Front mount

Adapters. (These are being made by my machinist)....like I said above, a few folks are already using them, and are very satisfied. Actually one customer bought a second set for another big HP project of his......I will leave it up to him to comment on them if he sees this thread.....

f9d4c57c.jpg

Tim

How much are you charging for a set and to ship to zip code 75019??