HybridZ

something nice about ls1's

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131736&page=1&pp=20

over there on ls1tech.com i saw this and was simply amazed at what the stock block could handle. 749hp and 830tq

seriously ppl that are deciding on massive iron blocks and other things just to be safe should check this out cause this majorly shows how tough that ls1 aluminum block actually is.

putting aside that it cost a bit more for a ls1 conversion i still think it's worth it for a bit more comfort knowing your block won't die on you cause your hitting 500+ hp :D

Not so... Go over to http://www.corvetteforum.com and you will see stock LS1 blocks handling a LOT of power... They are extremely durable, and can make about 500 crank HP with not much more than simple bolt ons, a cam, LS6 intake, headers and exhaust... and a little LS1 EDIT tuning! :D

I'm already working a build for one for our 99 Vette. If I was starting out with a bone stock Z and was doing a Swap, I'd be all over the LS1 as my first choice for a swap. And quite frankly, if I didn't already have my 383 done, I'd be using the LS1 in the Vette as the donor... :D

Mike :D

Guest KSGerry

I've got new, old stock LS-1 bare blocks with main caps for sale along with stock crankshafts and aluminum 6.0 liter aluminum heads that will fit the LS-1 block. These are new, old stock surplus components that are vintage 2001. Sorry, no complete engines.

Send me an email if interested.

Regards,

Gerry dedonis

dedonis@kans.com

i'm thinking darton wet sleeve 427 :D with nice ported heads and mild cam :D i think 550 n/a is possible with that.

and i might keep it at 9:1 cr so incase i decide to boost i can with magnacharger or ati/procharger

lets see... 427...9:1cr....lsx intake....ported heads....turbo cam.....5-10psi... i think i can easily hit 700-800 rwtq