HybridZ

quad cam 32v vette in the '80's????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have never seen this engine before, but at a car show in town last weekend, I seen one. I'm sure the owner was about ready to push me aside and sponge up the puddle of drool off the fender when I finaly moved on. It had individual runners for every intake valve, and individual exhaust ports. I just could'nt get the picture out of my head of my zx with that engine in it, with a t56. Was this engine a special eddition or something?? I could'nt find anyone at the show who could tell me.

Dylan

The LT5 engine came in the ZR1 Corvette 1989 to 1995. Originally around 375 - 390 HP in 1994 went to 425.

Lotus designed heads and block manufactured my Mercury Marine.

Had individual intake runners for each intake with a butterly on one of them for low speed torque. The 'Valet' mode wouldn't open the 2nd runner at all.

BTW, My Contour (well, Wife's Contour) SVT has the dual runners. One set long and skinny for low end and one set short and fat for raw upper hp. Very freaky. Behaves alot like a turbo. If you drive normally (like, when she drives), it's just fine. But, if you mash on it, there's a definite kick over at 3500rpm when the 2ndary flies open - like a big extra push. Even in like 3rd gear, you can get the car pretty squirrelly at that 3500rpm mark with the spinning and the smoking.

'Course that prolly explains alot about the condition of the front tires tongue.gif . Fun car.

Guest greimann

Don't you even want to take a stab at how many monkeys it weighs? If it is like 12 of those cute little capuchin monkeys, that's not so bad. smile.gif If it is like 50 of those flying monkeys from the Wizard of OZ, that WOULD be scary! :eek:

Guest Anonymous

Thanx for the info guys, lots of good stuff there, especially with the monkey weights.. I agree, it would be scarry to have it weigh in at several oz monkeys! Anyways, I'm off.

Dylan