HybridZ

Has anybody actually went to look at this one?

Georgia Flash

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6187&item=2456602622&ssPageName

I have thought of making the drive up to North Carolina to see this one in person but have backed out twice. I even talked to the guy on the phone and told him that I wasn't interested in a "drag" car. I only wanted it to be streetable. He said that it was a very good street car. However, when I asked about driving back to GA he said, "oh I will just tow it for you back to your house, that would be better." WTF? if it is streetable why would you offer to tow it for someone?

Also I went to an engine shop the other day and took a print out of the ebay listing where the guy lists all the engine mods and compression ratio etc... The engine builder said, "I can tell you right now that this car is not streetable with that compression ratio." I told him that the guy had told me that the engine probably would make well over 400 mph. He said that you could not build an engine like the one described for the asking price in the ebay ad.

What is your opinion on this one guys? More importantly why does this car not get any bids? This the second time around for it that I know of and it didn't get any bids the first time either.

Damn! I just saw in the Rules that this should be in non tech board :evil: Sorry guys, ok my pants are down around my ankles and I have assumed the position, whale away!! But be gentle :twisted:

I do not think this is the main reason because I have all the body parts that this car needs just sitting in a shed in my back yard. As for the rust I would have to see it in person to make a judgement on that. A little rust especially repairable rust never hurt anyone. Besides the Z that I have now has perfect and do mean perfect floor pans. However, the battery box contained its share of rust and the fuel lines were almost rusted in two! They are fixed now thank god but my z is far from perfect.

There has to be another reason why people are staying away from this one because the body and rust are the least of my concerns. The mechanical side of things is what matters. The guy said it was a strong running car with everything mechanical working fine. Except for the turn signals and lights lol.

Contact him, tell him you want to look at it. It may be worth swapping over the drivetrain to yours if it's in alot better shape and parting it out or selling it whole. I don't like bidding on something like that without seeing/hearing/driving it. If he gets no bids he may even sell it cheaper.

go look at it, wont hurt.

i think ppl are staying away from it because it kinda looks like a mess.

i like it though :D.

low 8s in the 1/8 isnt bad for that price of a car.

mike

so does it look like JTR, Scarab or custom to you guys????

The guy told me over the phone that he did the mounts himself because he was a welder in the Navy. He also said that he made the drive shaft himself.

He sent me a reply that said basically that he would install my engine for me and I could buy everything else extra from him like the radiator and drive shaft and so forth. He would only charge me around $3,500 !!!!! WTF!! He only had his conversion up for $1,700 or so. Smells like a bad deal to me.

ON3GO if I were a little closer I would have made the trip to see it but I did not feel like driving 4 to 5 hours for nothing. I already did that once back in the summer when I went to see another ebay V-8 Z in Tennessee that the owner said had a Chevy 327 under the hood. He lied it really had a 307 according to the numbers on the block. :D And it drove like crap, it had the same power as my inline six! Very disappointed over that one because it was my first time driving a V-8 Z.

yeah, he emailed me to tell me he just decided not to sell it. This was after I asked for detailed info on the motor and install (shady). Like I said I was gonna have dad go look at it for me since he's twice the mechanic I'll ever be, but I would have paid him cash if everything looked good. Oh well, maybe it's for the better. I guess I'll stick to plan A, just as soon as I get one :D