HybridZ

anyone have a 94 Pontiac TransPort?

David K

I have this 94 Pontiac TransPort minivan. When we got it, it ran ok. When i say ok, i mean it ran kinda rough, but it did run. Lately, it got super rough, like it sputters on 4-5 cylinders. The check engine light is on. It sputters at low rpms, like when its in overdrive on the hwy, 1-2k rpms. When i open the throttle a little more, it seems to smoothen out. Engine is 3.8 SFI, with coil packs instead of distibutor.

and it stinks from the tailpipe....

Guest MistressMotorsports

I had a 93 way back then. It's an OBD car, so if it sputters, there should be a code. See if you can pull the code. Not much help, I know, sorry.

Mike

and it stinks from the tailpipe....

Well GM's are known for getting the injectors "dirty" Have you checked the plugs yet? I would say pull the front 3 plugs and see what they look like then if they are ok I would take it to a shop to have a "Motor Vac"/Injector cleaning done. It really all depends on what the codes are but its probably misfire codes from what you have described.

Guy

• 2 months later...

I "fixed" one last year by unplugging the vacuum line of the EGR. This fixed the stumble and bad running. Don't forget to plug the lose vacuum line or you will get codes.

no wait. that was on a 3.4 lumina. oh well it might work for you aswell.

With the check engine light on, and running rough, it sounds like it's in "limp mode". Running just enough to get you to a shop, but not running great. You need to check what the code is. Sounds like your MAF sensor is bad.

Guest MistressMotorsports

I had a 93 dustbuster, um I mean Transport, a while ago, never had any problems. I kinda actually miss it. Anyway, since you said the light was on, you can just go to Pep Boys and ask them to pull the code. They do that for free. Then you can figure out what to fix.

Mike