HybridZ

UPDATE!! Upgraded fuel pump issue SOLVED but some more Q's

Guest bastaad525

HEY HEY HEY! Re-Read my post! I didn't run the line back through the vapor tank! I ran it into a fitting that is in the side of the filler neck.

It is a brass iftting I screwed into the filler neck (looks a lot like the factory turbo return line setup on a 66 Corvair Corsa Trubo)!

I don't even HAVE a vapor recovery tank on my 73! I have the upper fuel filler neck from a JDM Z432R which has a simple 1/4" hose that vents the tank overboard so if you overfill it, it spills to the ground.

The fuel return fitting is below that, with a little 3" nub of copper tubing soldered into it to direct the returned fuel back down towards the tank properly.

I have filled it over the return and have had no problems with fuel "backing up" All you are doing is creatinga circulating flow, not actually building pressure in the tank save from thermal expansion, and that's why the tank cap and vapor tank are vented at 3" h2o....