HybridZ

Covering a engine harness.......

80LS1T

I would like to dress up my engine bay by hiding as many wires as possible. Since my engine is an LT1 I will be buying the Corvette fuel rail covers for starters! I am also moving my battery to the spare tire compartment due to the fact that there really isnt enought room upfont. I was using the typical wire looms and electrical tape but it doesnt look as nice as I want it to. I want like steel braiding going over my wiring harness! That would be sweet! But I dont think there is such a product?

Anybody have any pics of really nice ways to cover a wiring harness? Or a place to get something that I am looking for?

Thanks,

Guy :D

I personaly stay away from SS braided line after seeing my buddies car arcing (SP?) from the SS line to the chassis. Try hidding it cleverly. Make a cover or run it uncoventionaly. Maybe check this out, John Spina ran his injector harness under the intake to hide the wires. Just an example.

http://www.gnspyder.com

Yes, that's a twin turbo GN engine in that kit car. His company is http://www.casperselectronics.com Awsome guy to deal with by the way.

!M!

Well over the past few days I have managed to hide a lot of wires and route them a lot better. I still have the main part of the engine harness that needs to be covered? Its about 1.5"-2" in diameter is some places. I dont think they make wiring covering stuff that big(that generic wire loom covering stuff). What can I use to cover this? I was using electrical tape to cover it before but thats just getto!

Any ideas guys?

Guy

I actually found something to cover the large part of the harness at Menardes on Monday. It is piping / tubing for water. It looks just like the normal wiring covering only its like 2" in diameter. It is working pretty good. Now I just have to make a positive batter post in the engine compartment since I am finally moving my batter to the rear of the car. I think I am going to use a remote battery post froma Stratus(I work for Dodge so I see these every day). It looks like it will work perfect but I havent tried yet so we will see. I should be posting some pics by early / mid next week, of the new and improved engine bay! LOL :D

Guy

Well I finished up most of the "engine bay clean-up project" tonight. I still have to connect my heater hoses and P/S hoses and make a mount for the computer but thats all that is planned for now. I have spent about 25-30 hours rerouting wires and covering them up again to get the engine bay this nice. The pics dont do the justice in my opinion! :D

Here's a before pic....

album_pic.php?pic_id=3063

Here's the after pics....

album_pic.php?pic_id=3065

album_pic.php?pic_id=3064

I can't wait till I can wash all that dust off the car!

Guy :D 8)