HybridZ

A 2500 hp capable Engine Swap

Guest DatsunLS6ZX

Guest twdavis4400

Not to sound like other memeber on here regaurding posts like this. But if you look at your car and the read the posts on this site even on this same page. You will find on this site pages and pages about how the 4.6l and 5.4l Motors well not work with out haveing to do alittle FRAME work. You know cutting out the frame and fabing up a new one.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I know for a fact it would be stupid. What kind of issues do you have going on where you would even think about needing half of that HP?? I think you should check-in with a doctor.

And then you think that the car would be streetable?! :lol:

I SINCERELY hope you meant to type 500HP not 2500HP

I don't think it was a typo...

Sean Hyland 4.6/5.4 Motorsport Blocks

356T-7 aluminum alloy

lightweight, only 95lbs for the 5.4, 88lbs for the 4.6

smooth, deep skirt construction

billet steel main caps, main studs supplied, optional aluminum main caps

13mm thick deck

External oil drain backs reduce windage losses

cast iron sleeve, 3.55-3.75 bore

Block designed for semi-stressed mid engine applications

2500 hp capable

Yeah, 2500hp :shock::roll:

Hello DatsunLS6ZX,

Anything is possible. 2500 hp in any car would require quite a bit of work. It would probably be as streetable as a firetruck powered by two jado rockets strapped on top. Even with 400 rwhp you'll have traction problems through third gear. With half the figure you're after you'd be able to peel out at 140.

I think it's a great idea, follow your dreams. :P

The newer Ford SB is about 9" wider than the old 302. It would still fit in between the strut towers, and the exhausts do angle down more coming off the heads than the 302 did. It weighs more than the 302 though. "Is is possible", yes. What we need is someone to prove it though. Are you up to it?

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
What we need is someone to prove it though. Are you up to it?

Please God no..

If any car with 2500 HP ever sees the street, I will personally lobby to make it illegal.

BTW, as a point of referrence, supercharged alcohol funny-cars just make about 2500 HP...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BigWhyteDude

:shock: "They've gone plad!!!!!" wow, You have bigger cahones than i do. 1000 HP is an ungodly amout. Why would you even want to build something with 2500HP?

Andrew,

Its not as hard to make that much power out of those blocks as you may think. My mom's 03 Cobra is making 500RWHP with nothing more than bolt-ons and a ported stock Eaton blower.

Switching over to a T88? turbo with an X2C kit will net close to 1000HP to the rear wheels. With a heavy 03 Cobra, they were in the high 8s with a full interior if I remember correctly.

Good luck trying to fit that sucker in there. The block may be light, but those heads are going to weigh as much if not more than it.

Word for the wise, buy the block from SHM, then send it somewhere else. Lots of broken motors from them. Not a good idea. Superior Performance in SoCal would be your best bet.