HybridZ

Flywheel for a LT1 Engine and T56 Tranny?

Danno74Z

LT1 Experts,

I'm moving along (very slowly) on my 1995 LT1/T56 install and I need some expert advice. I'm going to use the Weir bellhousing with my setup. I know a few members have used or will be using Weir's bellhousing with the T56 transmission and a standard 350-400 cu in. SBC engine. Here is my question. What flywheel and clutch can I use on my LT1 so it "acts" as a standard push type transmission setup.

(Weir's product does not use a clutch fork but a hydraulic throwout bearing similar to the LS1 unit.)

I called Bob Weir and mentioned what I wanted to do but he was not sure about the LT1 engine specifically. (Using his product with the T56 is not an issue.) If I'm not mistaken, isn’t the LT1 a standard 350 with a one-piece rear seal. If this correct, I should be able to use any 350-clutch/flywheel combinations for a one-piece rear main seal. Am I right in this assumption? Naturally, my other concern was about the balance of this setup, but this should not be an issue if the flywheel and clutch I purchase are balanced. Any help would be great!!!!

Danno74Z