HybridZ

What will make used rims work with ZG flares

Guest EvoGenesisX

Guest EvoGenesisX

Hi,

I am buying used rims from this guy and the rim specs are: 4x114.3 Lug pattern 32mm offset 16x7 fronts and 16x8 rears. What will I need to do to make them fit on my car flush with the ZG flares? If you can help, please be specfic on what I need to do.

Thanks

Aren't the ZG flares like 2.5" in front and 3.5" in back?

If so, that is one heck of a spacer. I'd look for different wheels.

I've seen a couple of posts about this in the last few weeks. While this might be possible with some really long studs, you still need some threads in the lug nuts, which makes me think that different wheels would be a better alternative.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Jon

32 positive offset would require you to add 32mm to whatever size spacer is usually associated with stock 0 offset. This would be an even greater task with ZG flares. Right now, you need spacers just to mount the wheel so it doesn't rub against the spring.

Let's say you need a 3" spacer for ZG flares, which is 76.2 mm. You'll need to add 32mm to that to space the wheel out for ZG flares so it would sit the same way a 0 offset wheel would.

Guest EvoGenesisX

thanks guys........guess i won't be getting the Advans SA3.......now i'm off to hunt for different rims..........do you guys think 17x7.5 would look good with the ZG flares, or would I need to go wider? The only cheaper 3 spoke rims I found that look like Advans are konig Mp3 and they only make them 7.5 in width.

Guest EvoGenesisX

i the got flares for looks, but then i fell in love with the deep dish 3 spoke style from advan....so now in order for me to get 16 or 17x9 or 10 I will need to purchase a wheel at $750 without tires yet....now thats crazy stuff.....why does advan have to be so expensive...why can't they make copies of these wheels in wider width...:(

wait. are you sure you're not confused? you said it's positive offset, and they're DEEP DISH rims? If they're dished, they're negative offset, most likely.

extreme negative offset - rim sticks out, deep dish

extreme positive offset - rim spokes are closest to the outer rim lip

• 3 weeks later...