HybridZ

Will the diff from a 93 300ZX fit in a 74z?

Workinprogress

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30930

It's in there (the drivetrain forum). I don't mean to come off like a jerk, but since the search function isn't working for about a week, you just gotta dig through the forums a little. Sorry if I offended, but it's obvious from your 1st post that you are going to have a LOT of questions. Nothing wrong with that at all, just trying to help you get them answered.

Jon

I did do a search, but I'm trying to do a bit of homework before doing anything to the car. (except to stop rust) I'm researching the engine/tranny combo, front and rear suspension setups, differential, interior and exterior mods, etc...

I research everything exhaustivly before cutting anything on any of my cars.

With that said, I know nothing about the z cars, but I do have a good amount of car smarts and have modified most every car I've driven. My family tends to call my cars works of art after they're done. (And I'm not talking modern art!!)

jmortensen, I would like to check out your car and pick your brain sometime if you're willing.

Thanks,

I have a 01 LS1/T56 convertion in my 71 240 and think it's a perfect combo.That 93 300 diff will work great....my cousin "Darius" runs it in his 240.He hardly uses the 1st gear though because it's to low of ratio.A friend recently told me that he thought the gears in the 300 TT diff were to low of ratio for a 6 speed. But If you can find a R200 with a LSD that would be better so that way you dont need to fabricate a front mount for the R230 like I have to.The R200 LTD's are hard to come by and enough power for that combo.....and then some.I went with the R230 diff out of a Q45 like most guys on this forum because for my set-up the gears are better so if you go with the R230 diff take a look at the pictures in the link that jmortensen posted.You will need to buy the 2 shafts and 2 adapters.I will set you up with the guy I bought my kit from.My friend has a extra set of adapters also if interested. Good luck! :D

http://www.darius240z.com

I'm going to try and make some autox's at Bremerton this summer. I'd be happy to take you for a ride. Got some serious work to do in the meantime' date=' not sure how much and when it's all going to get done...

Jon[/quote']

jmortensen,I wasnt sure if you were refering to me or Workinprogress?