HybridZ

LS1 Track day 11.4 1/4

Went to the track today to make some more runs with the LS1 swap. Car was running very good. I also have some vidio of the run that I want to post as soon as I learn how.

60' 1.58-----Drag radials

1/8 7.276 @ 93.024mph

1/4 11.483@116.95mph

Also can some one tell me how to put the vidio up on the internet?

Mike

WOW Mike,

Low elevens! That's great! I can't wait to see the videos. I bet you will get into the 10's soon. Port the MAS & throttle body, change the valve springs and roller rockers, reprogram the ECM, etc.

Or just a 100HP shot of NOS will do the trick!

Congrats!

Mike,

Those are awsome numbers considering my sbc 383 is barely faster. Wish I could cut 1.50's 60 ft. times. My best is 1.72 60 ft. with 235/60-15 BF.Goodrich drag radials and r200 LSD 3.70.

What transmission are you running and also what tire pressure are you running?

Mike

Zfan I am also using the 235/60/15 drag radials I have found that 11 psi works best for them. I am using the stock 4l60e trans with a shift kit. I am also using 200/225lb springs on the car.

qwik240z I want to go 10's without NOS, I need to get my mph up to about 122mph. Computer is tuned when I went to the dyno.

Turbo Meister Thanks--I think the car will get faster-- I just need to get my 60' in the 1.4's.

Mike

Those are impressive nembers indeed. I'm just getting my 83 ZX 383 going now and considering tires. Want to stay with the stock 15" wheels for now. Several of you mentioned about running the B.F. Goodrich 235/60/15 drag radials. How are these tires on the street? What about tread life in mostly street, occasional drag usage? Any other choices to consider?

Dan H.

Tim The best time witht he Lt1 was a 11.78@114

mods to the lt1 where ported heads,cam, 52mm TB, 1.6RR, electric Water pump. I had more $$ in the LT1 than I do in the LS1.

Ls1--mods--only mod to the motor is a small cam from MTI. I hate to say it but it looks like the LS1 is a better motor, and this is coming from someone that had a LT1.

Mike