HybridZ

Got my 350z 6spd for $250 (7 Pic's)

RB26powered74zcar

Guest zline
Joel - The Z32 box looks very similar to the RB25 box as they are the same model and internals. F5R30A I believe.

Here is the mission breakdown for most nissans

71C

280Z

240SX

S13 silvia with CA18DET

S13/14 silvia with SR20DET

All year Z31 NON TURBO

Nissan trucks with KA/Z22/Z24 motors (you CANNOT use this mission in cars, its to short and the shifter is HUGE and it is closer in the trans tunnel than the mission itself. we have a few at the shop that are laying on the floor..customers made oopsies)

30A

Z32

Z31 kouki turbo

any 71C mission will bolt the the bellhousing for the proper car ie., DOHC KA/SR with DOHC KA bellhousing or SR bellhousing for SR motor.

You can swap single cam mission onto dual cam block and vice versa if you just use the proper bellhousing easiest way to do the 350z mission would be an adapter

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on a sec. from what Im reading it will bolt onto a ka bell housing or SR so it should bolt in with little modifications on a sr20 powered vehicle. One more reason to have the sr20det swap :) I wonder what it would take to adapt it to our old l6's

how'd you get the speed sensor working?

Right now there isn't a speed sensor. Currently the wire from my speedometer is dangling in the air :D I'll have to rig up a sensor off the drive shaft or one of the hubs or something. That will have to wait until later though.

ohh okay..

what about converting it to mechanical drive like they do with the 4L60/80E transmissions?

Can't do it. The trans doesn't have a mechanical drive. The only things on the trans are the neutral switch and the reverse switch. In the 350z speed sensing did not come from trans. Wish it did. I've never seen a trans like that before. Probably the wave of the future.

Guest zline

sorry to keep slamming you with questions thaniel

but

this one is kinda important =)

is the VQ30 sump from the maxima

front

mid

rear

???

thanks dude!

Did the Rx-7 come with ABS in '91? If it did' date=' you could use the same style of system to run your speedo - You may have to go aftermarket on the speedo. What are you using for VSS for your engine control computer?

Doug[/quote']

The ECU gets the VSS signal from the instrument cluster (at least on the maxima). The cruise also gets the signal from the instrument cluster. The Maxima cluster I have gets it's signal from a speed sensor in the trans. It's the 350z that is being different :(

ABS was optional on my car. I could buy an ABS hub and sensor but I am not sure the signal will be suitable. (the 350z ran the signal through the ABS computer first) I plan to run the signal through a converter so it can be calibrated. I may just put a sensor on the driveshaft or rear axle. Just not sure what sensor to use. Probably easier than retro fitting the abs sensor. Guess I still haven't decided yet though.

I've been driving my car a bit and I may have the dreaded 350z 3rd gear grind!!! :x

Anyone hear if there is a fix for it? Can I rebuild the syncro or is some dimension on a critical part way off?

It doesn't grind always. Only when I am pushing it real hard. Maybe some synthetic in the trans would be enough....