HybridZ

How Sensitive are Fuel Injectors?

zguy95135

I think I figured out why my car isnt starting. During the disassembly and assembly the injectors where close to a pretty weak magnet (the kind that is used to pick up small screws ect) and my Dad accidentally layed a light with a magent base on the #2 injector for about 3 seconds. How sensitive are the injectors, would the short exposure ruin them? Luckily its a easy fix if thats it :?

Magnets will not affect fuel injectors in the least. As a matter of fact, there are no magnets in injectors, so they cannot become de-magnitized. There is an iron rod attached to the pintle that is attracted to an electromagnetic coil when current flow is active.

I don't think the coil inside the injectors could get magnetized (copper wiring is not magnetize-able), and they would probably still work (there's a spring in there to close the pin). You could run a DE-magnetizer over it if you wanted to, but still probably won't do anything.

On the other hand, do you think it would be possible to magnetize the pin so it would accent the coil's magnetic force and open farther? I suppose the injector's output is limited to the size of the hole...

Have your own kind of fun! :D