HybridZ

jtr book

mc,

Welcome to the list.

What ever you do, make sure you start with a RUST FREE CAR!!!

The east coast is not the best place to find rust free Z cars. I looked for over a year for a rust free car. Mine is from California. Take your time and find the right car to start with. It will make your project much easier.

Guest gtmattz

amen to that!

I got a 280 about a year and a half ago for less than $100 and was going to try the conversion but when i started checking it out, it was riddled with rust so i scrapped that plan and started looking for another shell, about a week ago the classifieds in the local paper had a listing for 2 z cars for $700 so i checked them out and one of the bodys is a good california/nevada car with no rust :P SCORE :P so now all i need to do is assemble the parts i am missing (pretty much just a T5 and bellhousing w/slave etc) and start on the build.

...thanks for the advice, i took a look at a 79 280zx[90000 miles] that was in decent shape[rusted out lower doors only] but decided it was not worth the hassle that others have converting a chevy 8 to the zx cars...i need a easy hybrid for the first try....also found a cheap 75 280z but it was rusted out bad[bumpers were bearly there?],a shame because it was almost perfectly straight....my search continuse.