HybridZ

240z Turbo Conversion Problem Need Help

jtmny1999

Today I Finished Up My 240z Turbo Conversion But I Took It for A Ride But The Car Did Not Boost It Doesn't go over 1psi Any Ideas Why? Did I hook Up something Wrong Its Running Stoich On My air Fuel gague, I also dont Have Any exhaust Only the Downpipe Is That Why It doest Boost I can Hear The Turbo it sounds Like normal But NO BOOST

Could My AFM Be Backwards Or Leaks On vaccum Line From The Turbo?

I also Can't hook up the alternator In Place Of The regulator From The Stock 240z. What Wires Hook Up To the Alternator? When I Start My Car And Take The Battery terminals Off IT Dies So Iguess Its Not Hooked Up Right :cry::(

Any help Will Help Me Lots Thanks Guys

Guest znow white

what are you relying on to see how much your boosting? if you can hear it and not feel it there is a leak I would check the outlet of turbo going to the J pipe it hardens and cracks I believe its a 2". If you can hear it and feel it you probally have a mis guiding boost gauge.

If you take the pos batterey plug off while its running your alternator is not charging I would check the grounds on the alternator and ground near the battery also check the clip of the alternator I believe you have a different kind of alternator in the 240 than the l28et or the wires are different. I just swapped an alternator from my 82 turbo into my na 80 it was fine to do so but when i asked on zcar someoen said 240z had something about internally regulated?

if you pull the filter off the intake on your afm, you should see a closed flap (not when running) that you can push with your finger if so your afm is in right, as for the alt, I just did the same swap and used my 240 alt, the 240 has an external regulator on the fenderwell, that is not used if you converst to the zx internally regulated alt

I Have a Autometer Boost Guage to determine the boost Levels in PSI

Could some vaccum line be hooked up wrong will that be a problem

anyone have a diagram of the vaccum lines from a 1982 280zx turbo

So I dont Boost At all But My Guage Shows Vaccum But No Boost

could the computer be hooked up wrong or some sensor not working

The Car starts and runs but no boost

Thanks for your help :D

Check the condition of your wastegate and pop off valve. If the turbo waste gate is bad (burnt or stuck open) then no boost. The same for the pop off valve on the intake. You should also check the rubber hoses in/on the J-pipe (on turbo output and throttle body input). If those leak then no boost either.