HybridZ

Someone offering me some 370cc inj's, quick question

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

a guy is offering them to me for an okay price...

They are the SVO injectors. Just wondering, I kinda skimmed the search but didn't find my answer. What exact mods do I need to do to run these injectors? Do I have to run a custom fuel rail? Do the injectors need to be messed with at all to get them to fit? Do they plug right in to the wiring harness?

Please someone tell me EVERY mod I need to do to get them in so I know if I want to mess with it right now.

i know this wont help you much but it wasnt that hard to do it.

i did it a while back but i forgot already. you can use it with the stock fuel rail. it took me like 15min to do all 6 and it wasnt hard. basically cutting some plstic off the top so it can fit and pull the rubber ring off the bottom or something close to that. hopefully someone else can chime in on that.

so yes, you have to modify it a little to make them work, but you should be able to do it very easily

Guest bastaad525

Well that is a big plus, being able to use them with the stock rail at least. I may go have a look at them today. I wasn't planning on ever running larger injectors but the price is good... if they're in good shape I"ll probably pick them up.

For sure, if anyone else can chime in with more details on how they need to be modded would be greatly appreciated.

The mods are simple. You remove some of the plastic off the top, to make room to clamp a hose. You need to remove the pintle caps, or machine the intake larger to accomodate the caps (I removed mine, just be careful not to hurt the pintles). Just measure the hose carefully if you are using a stock rail. Electrically they are the same, resistance-wise and connector-wise.

A pintle cap is the plastic "cap" that covers the part where the injector needle is at. You have to remove that in order to get them to fit on a ZXT manifold. Basically just follow what's been mentioned above. Oh and make sure the SVO injectors you're getting are the brown ones and not the green ones. Green ones don't flow as much.

John 82ZXT