HybridZ

How do most of you attach your fiberglass?

80LS1T

I have the MSA Aero Kit II for my 280ZX. I am going to be starting on the body work in 2-3 weeks and I have a couple of questions....

1.) How do most of you attach your fiberglass body kits? Do you mold them in or just attach with double sided tape? I think I want mine molded in but I am affraid of it cracking at the seams? Should I be worried about that?

2.) What kind of prep work is needed on the new fiberglass panels? I have read that they should be sanded down a little bit to take the "waviness" (sp?) out of the fiberglass.

Thanks!

Guy

i've also got a MSA aerokit II, i'm thinking of just paint the kit (after checked that it fits) and then use screws at the end of them and glue (instead of tape)... i've got my kit in december, but i haven't been able to do anything with it because i haven't got the "ironthings" that the bumpers are connected to, but after almost a YEAR of searching i've found a pair and i will go and pick it up this weekend =) so soon will my 280zx 2+2 -80 have a nice aerokit mounted... and not a long time after it's mounted my ice will be finnished and i can finally start to compete in SASCA (Swedish Audio Car Association)

Guest Anonymous

I've got some stuff called fusor form 3M that is a 2 part system that is used to put body pannels on new cars. I got it form a friend who is a paint and body guy. He swears by it. I'll post results when I use it. Mark

I had to use fiberglass installed on the under side on the rear bumper between the body and the bumper because of the louzy fit, over 3/8" gaps. Had to install small couter sunk screws through the side pods along with body tape to get the twist out of them, around 3/4" from end to end. These were full of spider webs in tie jell coat. But the front bumper was a great fit. So far I have spent more hrs on these to make them fit, you would think for what they charge all of the pieced would fit like the front bumper. I do not know how anyone could just paint and install them.

Well I have test fitted mine and they seem to fit pretty good. I think I will leave it up to my brother(he's doing the body work) on how to install the kit. I just wanted to know if most guys molded theirs in and if so hows it holding up? Cracking, pulling away from the body, etc.......

Thanks,

Guy

I've got some stuff called fusor form 3M that is a 2 part system that is used to put body pannels on new cars. I got it form a friend who is a paint and body guy. He swears by it. I'll post results when I use it. Mark

I had a 68 Chevy pickup that I put a Corvette rollpan on and I used this stuff to attach it... With how great it worked, I wouldn't recommend any other way.