HybridZ

HELP!!! Witch headers for angle plug heads

Guest y2khayabusa

Guest y2khayabusa

I've spent hours going through the exhaust section, and I cant find my answer.

I am in desperate need to know witch street rod headers will work with none or very little modifacation, on angle plug heads with the JTR conversion. Any help would be VERY appreceated.

Thank you, Rob

I have been going through the same thing. I just got some coated headers from ebay. They are a little smaller than I wanted but they work. Most companies sell block huggers for angle pluged heads. Only problem is they seem to stick out from the head a little too much. This can cause interferance problems with the stearing shaft. It will be a while before I put my engine in so I cant let you know if mine will work. If I didnt get such a good deal on these I was going to go with Heedmans block huggers for angle pluged heads.

Which heads do you have? The angle of the plugs vary from brand to brand. I've got Hooker block huggers, which work fine with my Trick Flow heads. They won't fit on the Chevy 292 heads I have on a different motor. Loks like the TF's are angled about 15 -20 deg and the chevy's about 30-35 deg, enough that the tubes hit the spark plugs on the chevy's. So I guess it varies.

Try contacting SANDERSON HEADERS, in So San Francisco. They have several combinations that would work nicely with the block hugger ANGLE PLUG set up. CC3 style is probably what you are looking for. There is another that collects and comes down straignt. Either one should solve your problem. They are a bit pricey, but, quality and service is outstanding. http://www.sandersonheaders.com/

Comps, VAN

www.two40musclez.com

Guest y2khayabusa

JTi, I have Canfield heads. I would think that they would be the same as Trickflow? Do you know for sure? Or anybody else? This is my daily driver, so I dont have alot of time to do alot of trial and error. I also didnt plan on spending more than $200. (yea Im a cheapscape) Thanks, Rob

Thermal Tech Coatings MAKES ANGLE PLUG HEADERS THAT FIT. You will need to hit the collector with a hammer a couple times to make a SMALL dent in the driver's side (about 1/4 inch max) on the two outer tubes, and take a dremel or file to the motor mount's corner if it gets in the way, but mine fit in with no more than 30 minutes quick thinking.

They are 1 5/8" coated inside and out. They are BEAUTIFUL, the service was second to NONE, carried in stock, I CANNOT ASK FOR MORE FROM AN AUTOMOTIVE COMPANY.

THE COST WAS $200 for COATED BLOCK HUGGERS. The coating is supposedly good for 10 years if you don't do anything stupid. They are DEFINATELY SHOW QUALITY.

http://www.thermaltechcoatings.com/

You need not look ANYWHERE else for an answer. NO ONE makes a better product for ANYWHERE NEAR THIS PRICE.

Originally posted by utvolman99:

y2khayabusa,

You say you had to dent the headers? What did that do to your coating? I have a set of coated headers and am thinking I will have some stearing shaft problems. Last thing I want to do is crack my headers!

I just held the base in my hand and went at it with a hammer a few times. The coating is THICK you shouldn't have a problem with it. I know I didn't have any problems with it.

All I can say for sure is the Hookers work good on the TrickFlows. (hehehe!) I haven't seen any Canfields so don't know about the plug angles. You might contact TrickFlow and Canfield and inquire about the respective angles. I've also heard the Sanderson's are very quality pieces, like Two40 says, but I haven't seen any of them myself.

Guest y2khayabusa

The DJ, Those headers are beautiful! They look like chrome! Do you have Canfield angle plug heads with the JTR setup? Could you do me a favor and measure how long the headers are? (how far they drop down?) Thanks, Rob