HybridZ

Finally painted!

spotfitz

My '74 was painted on Friday 4/23/04!

I'll be bringing her home next week after the weather gets better. I'm going over there today to take more pics. I should have some posted in the next couple days. I'm so excited. It's been way to long not having my baby! To bad it's going to take me forever to put her back together.

Just thought I would give an update. Everyone enjoy your weekend!

I know it is useless to share my excitement without pics. I actually wanted to get pics of it yesterday. I swear I've heard this before from some of the brains in the classroom :D , but the weather wasn't all that great yesterday and taking those pics would have also been useless.

I went with an unusual color scheme. Artic white with large "gun metal" metal flakes. Just enough to tone down the white alittle and to bring in all the powder coating I plan to have done, which will be all the stainless steel in "gun metal". It's not something I've seen before, but I'm sure once it's totally done it will be beautiful. Pics to follow yet another useless post.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :roll:

So Spot - that must have been taken at the paint shop - right? I don't remember your garage having quite so much space in it.

It sure is looking nice although there seem to be some huge voids - like where the engine goes, the interior, the headlights, etc., etc., etc.

Remember, no sympathy and no rest - work!!!!

Hey - this is only half the story!! Now what we need is a photo of the other love of your life. :oops::twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

No problem. All thats left to do is finish her up. :wink:

BTW, my better half won't be at the meeting. She hurt her ankle and if by some chance it's better by then she'll have to get back to work. Maybe next months meeting or one of the future events.

Ya know, John, that's gonna really look different! Can't wait to see it once it's wet sanded and buffed out. One thing's for sure - you won't ever see a clone of yourself sitting at a stoplight!

You want to borrow my camera to get some glamour shots once the engine's in?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back to this post until now Scott. Thanks for the offer. HybridZ reply emails always seem to get put into the spam box by yahoo. :evil:

I actually have some better shots of it outside, even though the sun wasn't out that much that day they should come out good. I'll be picking them up and posting them this evening, hopefully. I'm hoping that I'll have a good digital camera by the time I get the motor back in, which will probably take close to a year. At that time it will still be carb'ed, but going to shows and events nonetheless.

Again, thanks for the offer. How is yours doing BTW

I did change it. Looking at my account info, it shows I HAVE changed it. I don't know whats going on. I never had problems with this site until the latest software change. Now I have log in problems, no reply emails, missing pictures and un-editable bios.

Sorry for not getting back to this post until now Scott. ...Thanks for the offer. How is yours doing BTW

I got the Camaro radiator put in, and it seems to have solved the heat issues as far as I can tell. But when I was about to take the car out on its first extended run, I noticed that the hood wasn't wanting to shut properly. I took the latch apart, and discovered that all but TWO WIRES on the cable had snapped! So I can't shut my hood and drive it until I get that issue resolved. :? I'm getting itchy!!!!! I haven't driven the darned thing for months!

• 5 months later...

Thought I would give an upate on my progress. All the exterior powder coating has been finished, excluding the rims. I'm waiting on my a/c evaporator to come in AGAIN and I can start putting the dash back together and finish up the interior. Then it's on to removing all the suspension parts to remove all the overspray. At that time the lip of the rims will be polished and the center will be powder coated to match everything else and then clear powder coated. Some engine components will be coated at the same time. After the suspension is back in I'll start on the motor again. Rebuild the head and throw it back in with the already rebuilt block and tranny. It's slowly getting there.

I put some pics in my album. Enjoy.

http://hybridz.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=492