HybridZ

After 1 Year Of Body Work and Paint.....

Guest Ozoner

Guest Ozoner

Well here are the results of 1 year of body work and paint. When the car was media blasted down to bare metal top and bottom I found lots of rust. :cry: The floors, frame rails and just about every body pannel had major rust and had to be fixed. It was done right this time so this will be the last time I restore this car. I bought the car new in 1975 and it has been a daliy driver until about 3 years ago. I have a complete new interior to install as well as most of the brake and suspension parts. Next upgrade will be engine and drivetrain. A few more pictures are in my album, I'll upload some of the pictures of different parts of the restoration soon.

Ozoner

normal_quarter%20view.JPG

normal_front%7E0.JPG

normal_side.JPG

Guest Ozoner

Actually, I didn't do the work. :wink: It was done by Newport Restorations in Orange, CA. He is a restorer of Ferraris, classic cars and hotrods (read: expensive but worth it). He had many very expenvise cars in his shop over the past year. I visited once a week to make sure my car was not collecting dust in the corner. I had to prod him a few times to keep him busy on my car, since he had Ferraris, Panteras and a 1936 Cord Supercharged Coupe in his shop, but as you can see the results were great. After the car is fully assembled, I'll take it back to his shop for a final touch up and polish of any scratches I made (or found). He did have problems finding some body parts he replaced, so he had to make them himself. Floors and frame rails (while not hard to find) were custom made from 18 ga cold rolled steel. BTW color is original #306 according to the window sticker.

Ozoner

window%20sticker.JPG

BTW color is original #306 according to the window sticker.

Ozoner

That's what I was wondering, it has been hard for me to find any pictures of it, but here you are. My 78 is supposed to be (will be) 306 as well, I think my sticker calls it "Platinum Mist Metallic" Anybody know for sure if it's the same color, 75 and 78 ?

Again, looks great, judging by the pictures, I'll be happy if mine turns out half as well.

Jason

Ozoner, that's a sweet looking car. Based on my experience, getting that kind of paint job with only a year in paint hell is pretty good. Of the few body shops around here that will do project cars, it would have taken 2 or 3 years for them to do that nice of a job.

Silver looks different according to the angle of the light. I used to have a silver 76, and it had the same appearance as yours. They are really gorgeous out in the sunlight.

Nice.

John

Guest Ozoner

The American Racing Libra wheels are getting harder to find now. I saw a set on ebay a few months back, but they wanted big $$$$ :shock: . I bought them two weeks after I got the car in late 1975. I almost got a new set of 15"wheels last year because its hard to find descent tires in 14" sizes. Not to mention it would be hard to do a rear wheel disc brake upgrade with a 14". Although, I did see some one on this board post a picture of a MMS rear disc kit on 14" Libra wheels. But I desided to keep the wheels after someone told me that the American Racing Libra wheels were highly desirable. Anyway, I'll keep them for now. I'm going to get the center spokes media blasted and polish the outer rim. Should look like new. :)

Ozoner