HybridZ

370cc inj confirmation with pic

ZR8ED

Hey folks. My new injectors arrived today.

One thing is I'm not 100% sure they are the correct ones?

I used the Ford part number for the brown cap 370cc (35lb) injectors from an 85 Mustang SVO (turbo 2.3l)

I have no injectors laying around to compare it to, and its been a couple of years since I had a close look at my injectors.

What do ya think? of this pic? did I get the right ones?.. I'm just trying to get it all sorted out before I tear into the car.

normal_370cc%20injector.JPG

Thanks,

Scott

It could be the right one, but the top's not brown.

I believe we have a rocket scientist on our hands! :D Hehe. Just playing SleeperZ. I know you were secretly trying to help out the colourblind (or colorblind if you prefer) members of the board. ;)

It could be the right one' date=' but the top's not brown. [/quote']

I believe we have a rocket scientist on our hands! :D Hehe. Just playing SleeperZ. I know you were secretly trying to help out the colourblind (or colorblind if you prefer) members of the board. ;)

:lol: You never know what people consider obvious.

It's just that the low flowing version of the SVO injector was a green top as well, but a different shade. And you never can tell with aftermarket OEM replacements - either research the part number, or flow test it.

Update folks.

THEY ARE THE WRONG INJECTORS.

I was at the Ford dealer yesturday for an hour, and I returned my non-returnable parts.

The #'s were right on the order..the inj in the box were not. I stirred it up enough, Ford is doing a recall on that model of injector (warehouse inventories) It seems Ford has discontinued some models of vehicles injectors even though they have the same part # as other models. They have replaced them with a different part #. ie Merkur xr4ti, thunderbird, svo, etc... After all is said and done, the Ford part # cm4736 will get you the wrong inj. even though it shows you should get the brown cap inj.

They are now getting me the correct inj.

Thanks a bunch guys for catching that!

Whew!

Update folks.

THEY ARE THE WRONG INJECTORS.

I was at the Ford dealer yesturday for an hour, and I returned my non-returnable parts.

The #'s were right on the order..the inj in the box were not. I stirred it up enough, Ford is doing a recall on that model of injector (warehouse inventories) It seems Ford has discontinued some models of vehicles injectors even though they have the same part # as other models. They have replaced them with a different part #. ie Merkur xr4ti, thunderbird, svo, etc... After all is said and done, the Ford part # cm4736 will get you the wrong inj. even though it shows you should get the brown cap inj.

They are now getting me the correct inj.

Thanks a bunch guys for catching that!

Whew!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I finally get some answers. This problem has been resolved, and went all the way to the purchasing management and right to the manufacturer of the injector (BOSCH)

These injectors ARE the correct inj. Bosch has taken over production of these injectors, hence the new part # on the injector. For some reason this was not caught, and the computer system and all new parts manuals do NOT reflect this change.

I have been assured by Ford Purchasing management that these injectors are the correct injectors. They mentioned that if I still thought they were incorrect, or If I have any problems with them AFTER install, they will refund the cost of the injectors.

Now for saftey reasons (safety of my wallet) I will be having one of the injectors flow rated to be positive....I just need the fuel pressure rating that it should be tested with...

WHEW...

Now to get this part done and get this ordeal over with and get them in the damn car!

Let me know what t he flow results are,I havent retured mine yet.Ive been dickin around trying to get 6 used injecters that work but have only come up with five so far.By the way, Whitch Hunter Performance has been great at cleaning/teasting the units Ive sent them.Gordon checks them the day he recieves them and gets right back in touch with the results that same day.Excelent service!!!!!