HybridZ

Figuring this out. R230 Axle swap

rytherwr

The pics Tim referenced in his above thread are of my Q45 setup. Tim was nice enough to set me up with the axles after I sold my R200 CV adapters and axles to another member here.

I had gotten Mark Icards old Q45 R230 rears (Two of them) and a set of CV adapters for even swap of my R200 LSD from another member, then found yet another guy selling the drive shaft, drilled mustach bar, front mount, and a couple other ods and ends for the R230 for about $75! I hope to get it all mocked up and done soon... I'm still in search of a pair of 27 spline companion flages though...

And I gotta say this... Tim's axle setup is the bomb, and his adapters are in my opinion one of THE BEST out there. I think he should put this complete package together and market it! I think he has a hit here! :2thumbs:

Mike 8)

• 9 months later...
Ztard

The parts info for Z32DETT does not support the argument that there is any other ratio than 3.692 in the R230V.

There is only one part No per side listed for the slide in flanges (stubs) therefore there are only 6 bolt Flanges and no 5 bolt flanges.

R200-R230 designates the size of the ring gear and not the various housings designs that they are used in.

Maybe another form of identification can be the width across the flanges' date=' on my 200SX S13 R200V with the 3x2 flanges and 5 bolt flanges is 315mm or 12.4in

Hopefully someone can chip in with the dimensions of R230V. Neil[/quote']

My R230 is about 13.5" wide from the six bolt flanges.

If anyone else needs any other dimensions, please let me know.