HybridZ

Strange R180 LSD halfshafts

demon

I recently acquired a 4.11 R180 LSD differential which apparently came from a Japanese vehicle of some sort. The halfshafts required however seem to be some sort of weird snap-ring type - I already had the "old" type R180 shafts as well as the R200 snap-ring type but neither fit.

Anyone have any idea what these are and where I can get some? Someone has suggested they may be from a 200SX.

Thanks in advance...

Ive read a discussion on this recently on a 240SX site or freshalloy so google both then use their search functions it was a good discussion.

The 510 guys use a lot of these type diffs also. Neil

Edit Damn!!!!!!!!! went back through history and cant find that discussion anywhere so disregard the above for now.

Anyone have any idea what these are and where I can get some? Someone has suggested they may be from a 200SX.

I've got a set of 200SX arms & axles' date=' but they are snap ring style CVs that went with the R180. Interesting.[/quote']

Hmm, it's possible that it was in fact intended for CV's. So far the best solution is to machine a groove into my old set of R180 halfshafts to accept a snap-ring and tap and block off the hole that is currently there for the bolt holding the halfshaft to the diff.

It's entirely possible that a set of halfshafts for this differential in a Z car do not currently exist!