HybridZ

Paint options and women

Guest iskone

Guest iskone

I don't know if this exactly fits in the paint forum, sorry if it doesn't.

Here's what I want some opinoins on.

I got two different paint/body scemes I've been working on, both of them I like alot .

I would like to hear from the other Z drivers if you have somthing simaler to my plans how do women like your ride.

280Z with a 240Z air dam and lights, 240Z bumbers, side skirts, and a Cowl hood. Shaved door handles and body trim.

Interior would be mostly stock with Auto Meter gauges and Racing seats to match paint sceme.

455hp 383sbc

I might scrap my 280Z and buy a 240Z in wich case I would put a cage in it.

Plan 1

Flat black with gun Metal 17's Ricer type spoiler

Loud muscle car sounding exhuast

Plan 2

Yellow with ZG flares and side skirts painted black with a whale tail and satin 17's possible gun metal

buzzing ricer type exhaust

Now I don't want to hear any crap about building a car just to get chicks.

That's not what I'm doing like I said I like both ideas alot. I also like women alot and let's face it women judge you in part by the car yoiu drive.

I'm partial to the Flat Black myself, but what do you guys think?

Thanks

Guest 400HP280z

i say satin black with NO GAY WING. flat black will show any oil stain that gets on the car including oil from your hand. satin black will have a stronger finish and hold up better than a straight primer flat black. i am doing mine in satin black with a whaletail, but the wing is just dumb. it will lower you to the status of a honda.

Guest iskone

Well I ment Satin Black, since it looks more finished.

I've seen a few Z's with the "rice" wing and I like the look of a certin one I seen.

The one I saw had the wing very low on the deck lid so it looked good.

I cerntainly don't think it will "lower" my Z any, or myself for that matter.

Srot of like this, altough this isn't the one that is black

http://www.zparts.com/events/wcn2002/promo/image/DCP_3267.html

Chicks like shiny, clean looking stuff.

Here in LA, unless you're driving a Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc....you won't even get a second look, no matter how good teh car looks, or how customized it is....unless of course you can put a donkey to shame :wink::D:twisted:

Tim

Guest iskone

So you guys don't think chicks dig the no BS look of flat black :lol:

I know chicks like shiny things but I thought I might be able to make up for it with the loud chevy rumble.

Here in washington we don't have has many hot chicks :evil: so they don't the right to be stuck up :D

I keep thinking they will just think I can't afford paint.

I don't think I could get the real buzzy sound anyway, not like I'm a big fan of the buzz.

I guess I should say a more sporty sounding exhuast to go with the more sporty look.

I'll most likely end up going with yellow and black, but that means I'll ahve to buy wider wheels, oh well.

I think to get the "Buzzy" sound out of a 383, you'd have to use a coffee can muffler the size of a 5 gallon paint bucket. Pretty much any exhaust you run, with the exception of dual 1" tubes, is gonna sound like Chevy muscle. I like the idea of satin black as well, or a dull gray teflon finish. My own scientific testing however only confirms the general consensus of the previous posts: Chicks dig shiny stuff, that looks clean and new. Parts that look as though they were designed for racing seldom add any chick value to a car. There was a nice Orange Z at the MSA show this year, it had a black hood, spoiler, and ZG flares. Totally bitchin car. I pointed it out to my girlfriend, after several seconds of careful scrutiny, it illicited the simple response: "I don't like it, not girlfriend approved." Moments later a rather plain looking car with chrome wheels and a shiny blue gray mettalic paint job received the comment: "Pretty." There really is no understanding the logic behind it, I've tried......And failed :roll: I say go with Tims plan, start popping Male growth pills until all the donkeys are jealous :D

Mike

chicks dig my Z because it's shiny. :D If you go flat black a chick might just think your too lazy to put some wax on that thing. But definately ditch the "buzz". Do you really want people to think that you have a bee's nest in your muffler?

Guest iskone

Tim240z: You must listen to Leykis :D

That made me LMAO!!!!!

NO HOT WHEELS!!!

I'm not paying for some ones kid!

You guys are right I'll have to go with Yellow. I'll just save Flat Black for the 67 ' Chevelle some where in my future :D

The whole idea with the buzz was to suit the sporty look of the Z

As far as the bee's nest don't you get the whole Yellow and Black thing?

I'll call it the "Bumble Z" don't go and steal my vanity plate now :evil: LOL

Guest iskone

Z-Tard: You still want to drive a frying pan? :D

But really that would be pretty cool.

How would you fix chips?

It would probably stay real clean!

Guest iskone

Off topic:

Are you listening right now?

If not some guy just called and said because a woman lied to him and never told him he had a daughter by her he found out he had been banging HIS OWN DAUGHTER!

Off topic:

Are you listening right now?

If not some guy just called and said because a woman lied to him and never told him he had a daughter by her he found out he had been banging HIS OWN DAUGHTER!

Man, some people have messed up lives!!!

Nah, I kinda set the idea on the back burner for a while. For the actual teflon finish like cookware has, it would have to be bare metal. This definitely rules out my car as a large portion of the rear quarters appears to be constructed of Bondo. I'm still looking for an alternative though, kind of a satin metallic gray finish. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to cook on it either :( I was really hoping to bring something special to MSA next year too, mongolian BBQ for all the Hybridz guys, cooked Z style :D

Mike